World Wide Technology has an impactful opportunity for a JAVA Developer to join our Government Services Team on a multi-year, fully funded program supporting the Department of Homeland Security. Using Agile Methodologies, the mission of this program is to obtain greater integration, automation and efficiencies. In this role you will support, through innovation and transformative processes, the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity!
- Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight.
- Acting as a member of an Agile development team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
- Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported.
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
- Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines.
- Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components.
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports.
- Providing mentoring to junior members of the team.
- ==== with the ability to pass DHS background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- At least five (5) plus years professional related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment.
- Familiar with Object oriented design and development (OODD) expertise, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and the ability to communicate principles and best practices.
- Ability to work through complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred).
- Experience using SQL or PL/SQL to access Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server databases.
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team.
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.