Our Investment Banking client is looking for a JAVA Fullstack developer at NY 10004.
Our client Global Banking Technology team is looking for a Java Full Stack Developer to join a technologically advanced team focusing on developing and enhancing the Financial Control Accounting automation platform. Candidate must have significant expertise in design and development of core Java applications as well as multi-tiered Java EE-style applications. Candidate should be fluent in related technologies including Spring, databases, database interface layers, web protocols and standards, web browser display technologies (React, Angular, etc) and associated Java development tools. To be successful, the role will require the individual to understand the banking technology landscape, and to offer creative solutions that integrate current capabilities and proprietary system builds.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hands-on development using Java and related technologies
• Design and development of Java applications as well as multi-tier Java EE style applications in the finance technology supporting all lending business lines
• Work as part of a banking Agile Squad
• Collaborating with multiple technology teams that are upstream and downstream to the application which include Data Warehouse, LoanIQ and firm’s GL system etc.
• Working in the Agile development methodologies, collaborating with business and technology teams located globally.
• Candidate must have strong communication skills and have the ability to lead IT deliverables
• 8+ years of hands on experience in Java and related technologies
• Excellent knowledge of Core Java v1.8 or higher
• Excellent knowledge of Java EE, Web Services (REST, SOAP, MQ, Tomcat) and Spring
• Experience in understanding of requirements of large enterprise applications (security, entitlements etc.)
• Experience and very good understanding of Design Patterns
• Experience in the Databases Design, Development, SQL, PL/SQL and Tuning (preferably DB2)
• Experience in designing and developing user interfaces using Angular (JS, React, Typescript)
• Strong communication skills, should be able to work across both Business Users and IT teams across regions and have the ability to lead IT deliverables
• Experience in working with partners and stakeholders across geography and time zones
• Experience working in agile development methodologies
• Very good understanding of DevOps practices and tooling
• Working Knowledge of building applications in the Cloud
• Working Knowledge of Unix/Linux and/or any scripting language
• Working knowledge of Financial market, lending based products and Wealth Management.
• Working knowledge of financial accounting and treasury Functions
• Exposure to JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development environment