Looking for a dedicated and highly skilled Full Stack Engineer with an emphasis on the Frontend Web technologies to join its ECom Checkout team. This Frontend Full Stack Engineer will perform development work including debugging and optimization of JSP based Web application functionality such as Shopping Cart, Checkout flow , Payment, Account setup and Customer Account maintenance, and other functionality based on JSP, WebSphere Commerce, WAS on the frontend connecting to MQs, Backend services and Database. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage the completion of projects that involve OO/UI development. This position will require an individual to design, build, debug, optimize and implement solutions in a fast paced Agile environment participating and working closely with a highly motivated team serving millions of customers on a daily basis.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Design, build, debug, optimize and implement solutions in Java, JSP, HTML, CSS, DB2, MQ series. The development of high quality, efficient and fast code is an essential part of the position.
- Able to work with and support Systems Architects with the design of the overall architecture of a specific product/application, applying principles that promote availability, reusability, interoperability and security into the design framework.
- Performs development, debugging, optimization, and automation activities to support the implementation of a product/application.
- Uses APM/monitoring tools such as Dynatrace/Splunk and browser tools to perform request purepath/waterfall analysis to identify bottlenecks and suggest improvements. Increases team proficiency and understanding of distributed application architectures, user interfaces and user experience, quality assurance, security concerns, and business value creation.
- Adopts engineering best practices to deliver higher quality and scalable solutions.
- Develops and documents standards and best practices, and mentor junior engineers
Experience, Skills, Education & Licenses/Certifications
- Experience building and developing business applications.
- Must possess a strong understanding of the software development process.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Web Technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate to both technical and Business audiences.
- Experience describing the solutions and generating the architecture (Logical, Physical) artifacts.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against iteration plans and deliver assignments within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Ability to work with all management levels.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Web Technologies:
- Distributed cache technologies such as Redis.
- Search technologies such as Lucidworks, Apache Solr.
- Queuing technologies such as IBM MQ. MSMQ.
- 3 years’ experience in:
- Integrating an application with other applications using SOA/REST web services.
- With a working knowledge of databases (DB2, SQL Server etc.).
- 7 FTE roles with a Fortune 100 company. Will sponsor. Pls apply