SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer with Digital Engineering/Model Based Engineering experience in Defense, Federal Civilian, and/or National Security systems to join our energized team of solution architects supporting an exciting variety of programs and corporate initiatives to provide advanced Engineering, Integration and Logistics capabilities.
In this position, you will be expected to provide Systems Engineering and Model Based Engineering support to transform the Engineering, Integration and Logistics organization and solution offering to best support our customers. You will develop and use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Digital Engineering solutions and services for use on individual programs and throughout the corporation. You will learn, apply, and continuously improve our current Digital Engineering platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of digital solutions, and enhance the digital engineering culture. You will engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and work at their side to develop Engineering, Integration, and Logistics digital work products.
Successful candidate is this position will demonstrate an aptitude for system thinking, creative problem solving, and attention to detail. Prior exposure to application of systems engineering and digital engineering methods is desirable. Information technology knowledge will be helpful. You will engage with the larger community (Industry, Government, and Academia) to stay up to date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our digital engineering capabilities. As part of the team, you will be required to collaborate with others on our solutions and standards, as well as individually support the development and review of Digital Engineering products. Demonstrated presentation and writing skills are required. Qualifications
- Basic experience using enterprise modeling tools to model complex systems using SysML, UPDM, BPMN, and/or UAF
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a Bachelors degree.
- Demonstrated awareness of the full Systems Engineering lifecycle with practical experience in a few key SE processes. (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification)
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Exposure to multidisciplinary analysis and optimization tools (Model Center, Simulia, etc.) and event based management tool (iRIS)
- Knowledge of DODI 5000.02 and JCIDS process
- Practical experience with IEEE 15288
- INCOSE Certification (ASEP)
- OMG Certified System Modeling Professional (OSCMP)
- Experience or familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework Environment (SAFe)
- Experience supporting US Federal Government agencies and processes
- Experience or familiarity with various analytical and decisions aid tools (e.g. MatLab, STK, etc.)
- Capable of receiving TS/SCI clearance
My SAIC Benefits.