SAIC is seeking a Lead Database Administrator for an upcoming program supporting FDA. This position will be located out of Ashburn, VA or White Oak, MD.
This program will support the FDA to manage and operate its data centers and IT infrastructure, provide
cybersecurity support to protect sensitive information at the data centers, and to maintain an inventory of
the FDA's IT hardware and software.
- Analyze database requirements of assigned projects.
- Analyze and determine information needs and elements, database relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Apply knowledge of database management systems to coordinate maintenance and changes to databases.
- Test and implement changes or new database designs.
- Write logical and physical database descriptions, including location, space, access method, and security requirements.
- Provide direction to programmers and analysts as required to affect changes to database management systems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Oracle Certified Professional, (OCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Certifications or 7+ years of
Database Administration experience
My SAIC Benefits.