Excellent opportunity with one of our direct end client located in Ashburn, VA, following are the requirement details:
Position: Ghost DevOps Lead
Location: Ashburn, VA
Duration: 6 Months (Temp to Perm)
Key Skill: Highly proficient in Ansible infrastructure (playbooks), Python and some Network Engineering/Design.
Looking for candidates with a strong background in software development and networking experience to support automation of Client’s Ghost deployments.
The DevOps engineer’s primary responsibilities will be to lead a small team of DevOps engineers/developers to meet the Ghost product’s various deployment requirements and needs. This includes spearheading the design and development of Ansible and Python scripts used for automation of deployments, coordination of tasks within the team and working with PM and other team leads to ensure work is completed in a timely manner. This position offers an excellent opportunity to grow with a dynamic team of developers.
- Lead a team of DevOps engineers and developers to enhance and maintain existing Ansible deployment scripts, while adhering to application installation and configuration requirements
- Work with PM and team lead to understand priorities and ensure team is on track and work is completed in a timely manner
- Proactively work with application developers to determine application installation and deployment requirements, and ensure they are satisfied in a variety of environments and deployment configurations.
- Maintain and/or enhance existing CI/CD pipelines to improve development team productivity
- Administer and maintain existing internal software development infrastructure
- Administer and manage existing infrastructures such as Gitlab and build server
- Be able to quickly ramp up on and assess technologies used in the application or to simplify deployment automation and monitoring
- Review deployment architectures and provide feedback on best practices and improvements on efficiency and cost
- Provide guidance and mentorship to new and/or junior developers
- A degree in Computer Science or other related degree (additional 6 years of experience in lieu of degree)
- At least eight years of professional experience in software development, with three of those years working on DevOps work (automation of application deployment)
- At least 1 year experience leading a team of at least 4 DevOps engineers, and 3 years software lead experience total
- Proficient with Ansible, Python and AWS technologies (i.e. VPC, EC2, EIP etc)
- Proficient with software installation and configuration on Linux, Windows Server OSes
- Proficient in Shell, Bash and various scripting libraries
- Possess a strong development background, understands software design and development best practices, and source code maintenance practices such as versioning, branching and tagging
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, such as subnetting, routing, public vs private networks, hands on experience setting up various forms of networks a plus
- Experience with automation and deployment of network centric products and solutions a plus
- Experience building enterprise deployments on AWS or Azure a plus
- Experience with automated creation of Cloud resources using tools such as CloudFormation, SDKs, CLI a plus
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information which requires ship
Loginsoft Consulting LLC
Email: jobs (at) loginsoft (dot) com