SAIC is seeking a Lead Network Engineer for an upcoming program supporting FDA. This position will be located out of Ashburn, VA or White Oak, MD.
This program will support the FDA to manage and operate its data centers and IT infrastructure, provide
cybersecurity support to protect sensitive information at the data centers, and to maintain an inventory of
the FDA's IT hardware and software.
Job Description :
- Support the installation, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of agency wide- area networks (WANs) and local-area networks (LANs).
- Assist in designing and managing the WAN infrastructure and any processes related to the WAN.
- Provide Production Support of the Network, including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution client Networks.
- Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Support the dispatch of circuit and hardware vendors involved in the resolution process.
- Support the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. A working knowledge is desirable in various software systems and architectures, communications protocols: and network hardware devices.
- Experience in the following areas preferred: Software Defined Networking (SDN), Multi-Protocol Border Gateway Protocol (MP-BGP), V Mware/KVM (Host Machine Virtualization) Networking
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Required Certifications: Cisco CCIE, R oute/Switch or JNCIE-ENT
My SAIC Benefits.