macOS Software Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
As a macOS Software Engineer you will be part of the Software Engineering team that designs and implements software for Client's pen tablets and pen displays. This role encompasses several types of software including application software, system extensions and APIs used by third party developers of applications that interface with Client's products. This position is on the team that develops software for the macOS platform.
What you will be doing:
• Design, implement and maintain macOS software supporting Client products.
• Gather and analyze software requirements.
• Perform and document detailed software design
• Apply an object-oriented design approach
• Create detailed work breakdowns with development time estimates.
• Implement software using C++, Objective-C and Xcode.
• Follow team guidelines for development process, coding style, revision control, etc.
• Assist third party software developers with interfacing their applications to Client APIs.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of Client products and the team's software engineering processes.
• Stay current in the areas of software engineering tools, technologies, best practices, etc.
Skills you bring:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Master's in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred.
• Experience developing high-quality macOS software with C++, Objective-C and Xcode.
• Familiarity with macOS internals and system-level APIs.
• Good understanding of software engineering principles and software development life cycle and processes.
• Experience with object-oriented languages especially C++ and Objective-C
• Experience with git or other revision control systems
• Excellent problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Interest in staying current in the areas of software engineering tools, technologies, best practices,
Experience with any of the following is highly desirable:
• Developing cross-platform C++ code
• Python, Perl, Swift and other language skills
• Windows applications development
Why Kelly ® ?
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe-giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.