Manufacturing Engineer, I4.0 Automation & Process DeliveryFort Mill, SC
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in manufacturing or process engineering
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, which would include but not limited to, plastic injection molding, machining, fixturing, automation, or controls
- Proven ability to develop robust program launch schedules and to drive organization, time management and effective prioritization in order to hit program timelines
The primary role of this position is to work with Stanley Black & Decker global plants and integrators to develop process and automation that will provide productivity, increase capacity and bring cutting edge automation and processes to the plants.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Drive productivity improvement programs, encompassing every aspect of the manufacturing process, from raw material to finished goods.
- Work with teams to select optimum manufacturing methods and sequence of operations to produce high quality products at the lowest cost.
- Initiate all of the manufacturing principles of Lean Manufacturing.
- Ensure safety and ergonomic considerations are made relating to equipment design and build.
- Continuous improvement activities related to inventory reduction, working capital turns and complexity management.
- Prepare capital expenditure justifications for production equipment.
- Work with plants to coordinate the installation and start-up of production equipment and required auxiliary equipment.
- Propose technical solutions to problems and assist plants with implementation.
- Work closely with plants to develop detailed financials to understand the justification of capital.
- Equipment and process designs must adhere to all regional safety standards and have the capability
- Role will require machines to have proper outputs for monitoring/supervisory system to collect and output data to monitoring/supervisory systems to collect and store inputs (discrete & analog).
The ideal candidate will have:
Benefits & Perks
- Experience in the understanding of fixture design, automation, machining, injection molding, die casting, packaging.
- Experience and/or knowledge with robotic and PLC controls using FANUC, ABB, Epson, Allen Bradley, OMRON, Siemens, Mitsubishi.
- Familiarity with FMEA, safety review, design reviews of new equipment design.
- Experience developing automated packaging solutions for high volume products.
- An understanding of packaging designs is desired.
- Experience with writing ladder logic, PLCs, and field I/O (both analog & digital), Kepware/OPC Communications, Ethernet Communications, Field Wiring Installation & Industrial Wiring Safety Standards.
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get Career Opportunity
: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. #LI-LA1EEO:
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.