Tampa, FL Description: JOB TITLE: Network Consulting Engineer / Architect - Wi-Fi (WLAN) JOB DUTIES:
You will be providing technical integration responsibility for Professional Service (PS) engagements. You will work with a team of highly technical and experienced consultants focused on delivering professional services to customers with a focus on Wi-Fi and wired network consulting, design, and deployment.
• Wi-Fi RF surveys and designs
• Wi-Fi WLAN assessments
• Wireless LAN Controller specification and configuration
• Backbone network design and configuration in support of Wi-Fi WLAN
• Technical high level and low level designs and specifications; As-built documentation You'll need to have:
• Expertise in Wi-Fi 802.11 and RF that includes Wireless LAN Controllers, WLAN management and WLAN security solutions.
• Strong background in Wireless/Mobility/Cellular networks and devices, protocols and operating systems.
• Experience with architecture, design, and development of end to end Wi-Fi WLAN solutions (Aruba, Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Extreme Networks, Juniper/MIst).
• Expertise in RF designs, RF propagation modeling and Wi-Fi RF survey tools such as Ekahau & AirMagnet.
• Minimum 5 years experience in professional services providing customer-facing Wi-Fi consulting. Ten+ years of experience within wireless network engineering and other data communications fields.
• Demonstrated expertise in leading Wi-Fi RF, WLAN and network architecture design, integration, and deployment.
• Ability to produce comprehensive yet understandable technical documentation (design document, diagrams, etc.)
• Create and present technical Wi-Fi and project results in executive reports across multiple organizational leadership levels.
• Manage work effort and performance with project managers. Work independently and be accountable for project or program results.
• Possess strong communications skills written/verbal/
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Methodical and organized; able to manage multiple opportunities, projects, and partners concurrently
• Flexible, proactive, quick to learn and possessing a can-do attitude;
• Demonstrate a blend of curiosity, creativity, persistence, commitment, passion and optimism.
• Must have multiple technical Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi tool certifications from the below list: Ekahau, AirMagnet, Cisco Wireless (CCNA, CCIE), Cisco Meraki, Extreme Networks (ECS, EDA), Aruba (ACSA, ACMP, ACDX, ACCA, ACCP), Juniper Mist (JNIC), CWNP or CMNA / CMNO Even better if you have:
• BS with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) OR 8+ years of military service within a network communications specialty.
• Ten or more years of experience in consulting/professional services, with client contact at senior levels and demonstrated business development skills.
• Knowledge of, and interest in, emerging technologies such as IoT, SDN, NFV, 5G, and MEC, with a focus on Enterprise use cases.
• Experience leading projects through the entire project lifecycle.
• Experience designing and deploying Wi-Fi and network systems for large sports and entertainment venues.
• Experience in technical design and deployment with network physical layer 1 (Closet build. Implementation work in telecommunications closet. Cabling systems. Cable and fiber patching. Rack and stack of network equipment. Closet labeling - cables and network devices. Circuits and circuit termination). EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have multiple technical Wi-Fi and Wi-Fitool certifications from the below list: Ekahau, AirMagnet, Cisco Wireless (CCNA, CCIE), Cisco Meraki, Extreme Networks (ECS, EDA), Aruba (ACSA, ACMP, ACDX, ACCA, ACCP), Juniper Mist (JNIC), CWNP or CMNA / CMNO LOGISTICS:
Project work is remote with travel and on site a customer location required as applicable for Wi-Fi surveys. Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com