GCOM is excited to offer 3 open positions Remotely out of Ashburn, VA Please note the Shift Hours below
2 - NOC Analyst 2nd Shift 3 pm to 11 pm REMOTE UNTIL COVID WFH IS LIFTED, THEN ONSITE WILL BE REQUIRED
The role will be supporting a Network Operations Center (NOC) that operates 24/7. NOC staff personnel are assigned to specific shifts to ensure ongoing and consistent coverage. The NOC Team cooperates to maintain the stability of supported environments by constantly improving the process through automation and application of artificial intelligence concepts. The working environment is fast-paced and requires dynamic priority management. The ability to adapt, adjust, and proceed is key to success. We pride ourselves in hiring staff for aptitude and positive attitude, then training them in areas of interest to reach expertise.
NOC Analyst Description
- The Analyst is responsible for understanding the customer’s service objectives.
- The Analyst is responsible for monitoring services, responding to events and alarms, and supporting the incident management process. This includes defining impact, performing remediation, and properly escalating and resolving incidents.
- The Analyst supports service and change requests for a highly critical and dynamic environment.
- The Analyst plans and executes security remediations and OS upgrades to devices.
- The Analyst provides coaching and leadership in order to develop the skills of their team.
- The Analyst must demonstrate a sense of urgency and an ability to communicate both proactively and reactively with customers and management.
- With the assistance of GCOM Technology leadership, the Analyst must coordinate with external vendors and contractors in order to ensure rapid escalation and incident resolution.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- 4 to 6 years' experience working in data networking support.
- Routing and switching/Firewall (FW).
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and the functions of Network (NW) technologies.
- Working understanding of NW security devices, IPsec VPNs, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VRF, VLANS, and Bandwidth Utilization.
- Candidate must be capable to setup tools and capture, mine, and interpret data from various tools such as Wireshark, Syslog, Netscout, and SteelCentral.
- S. Citizenship required with a clear background check.
- Must be able and willing to work shift work.
Additional Preferred Requirements
Candidate must have demonstrable experience in four or more of the following areas:
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and implementing Switches and Routers.
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and implementing Servers.
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and implementing IP Voice Services.
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and implementing Firewalls.
- Troubleshooting and writing FW rules, NATs, and IPsec communications.
- Use of ticketing tools in a NOC environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate an understanding of Incident, Change, Problem, and Request management practices.
Preferred Qualifications or Certifications
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP: Routing & Switching
- Fortinet NSE4 or NSE5