Position Summary: The Manager of Operations is a hands-on position with an emphasis on being detail- oriented. This position is responsible for support of all AAMVA applications in use by AAMVA’s Jurisdictional members, Federal partners, and Third-Party trading partners. The Manager of Operations oversees daily helpdesk operations for technical and procedural issues related to AAMVA network applications and its users, and coordinates with AAMVA members and other entities as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage all production support/ helpdesk staff and contractors that support AAMVA Applications (i.e., S2S/CDLIS, PDPS, SSOLV, HAVV, NMVTIS, BPEVR, EVVER, ELT, SR22/26, SSR, etc.) for North American Jurisdictions, and Third-Party customers.
- Day-to-day management of Tier-1 helpdesk operation’s staff that respond to internal/external customer incidents and queries via tickets, email, and phone.
- Ensure the team can fulfill assigned responsibilities, including but not limited to systems/network monitoring, ticket handling (within the established SLA guidelines) management of the ticket backlog, troubleshooting incidents/outages and RCA management.
- Creation and management of shift schedules, on-call rotation schedules, maintenance schedules, internal and external customer communication process management, and Tier 1 support.
- Manage operational response to Severity 1 incidents, coordinate division-wide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support efforts, identify and initiate staff, vendor, and third-party involvement in Severity 1 incidents.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of procedures for supporting information systems and assessing new tools/dashboards/software. Recommend enhancements to existing tools for improving network and systems monitoring, and operational efficiency.
- Improve team efficiency by identifying and helping eliminate gaps in the current operations and procedures of the team.
- Work with teams across AAMVA on organizational/divisional initiatives including security compliance, developing operational frameworks, training development and delivery, etc.
- Work with the Senior Director to set work performance requirements for staff, conduct performance evaluations. Recruit and hire new staff and contractors.
- Provide training and performance feedback for staff and assigned contractors.
- Participate in regular department meetings and coordinate work and training sessions with other departments and vendors. Prepare and give presentations explaining various aspects of the Operations Department and projects.
- Assist in preparing reports for AAMVA board members, and AAMVA senior management on all aspects of the department.
Direct Reports to this Position:
Operations Help Desk Personnel:
1 Senior Team Lead
5 Senior Operations Analysts
- 10+ years of experience in the information technology field, with a broad knowledge of system development’s full life cycle.
- 5+ years of direct personnel management of a helpdesk/Network Operations Center (NOC) and/ or a complex Helpdesk department.
- Prior direct experience troubleshooting and resolving network, systems, and application outages and issues.
- Hands-on experience with an enterprise-level trouble ticketing system.
Four-year degree in Information systems, or equivalent from accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to supervise the work of others, including knowledge of supervisory principles and techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels, whether internal or external (jurisdictions and business partners), to meet established goals.
- Ability to organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to prepare progress reports to inform management of project status and deviations from pre-directed goals.
- Ability to present/explain complex technical and business issues to technical and non-technical personnel, and internal and external customers.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and apply technical information to provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the customers’ organizations to provide outstanding customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail while maintaining a big picture-perspective.
- Excellent network, system & business analysis skills including experience in standard industry software processes and methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to attend meetings and conference calls outside of normal business hours as required by technical operations.
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis. Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Project Management certifications and other accreditations are a plus.
- Experience working with Cloud / dev-ops methodologies are a plus.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.