Harris County was founded in 1836 and is located in the Gulf Coast region of Texas approximately 50 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Harris County covers over 1700 square miles with over 4 million residents, making it the most populous county in Texas and third most populous in the United States.
The Harris County Central Technology Services (CTS) exists to support the mission of Harris County by developing, implementing and supporting high quality, innovative and cost effective information technology solutions.
This position is responsible for the functional support of the PeopleSoft Financial and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) platform v9.2. This includes requirements gathering, configuration, testing and end-user support for the FSCM production application. This position provides functional expertise and contributes to improvements and enhancements for an enterprise-wide installation.
- Coordinate with end-users to understand business needs and requirements
- Assists in the analysis and design of PeopleSoft deliverables based on business requirements
- Educate and advise Harris County on the PeopleSoft FSCM functionality and the configuration options available based on requirements
- Identify opportunities for improvement based on available system functionality and requirements provided
- Create and assist in the generation of functional specifications
- Work with technical resources to develop, test and document enhancements and modifications - Ensure project deliverables meet business requirements
- Adherence to methodology, controls and quality standards
- Conduct end user training when needed and prepare user documentations - Creation of queries - Awareness of other PeopleSoft report generation tools
- Ability to analyze/troubleshoot functional system issues and provide options to resolution
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, and work in a team environment