Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems Engineering is seeking a Principal / Sr Principal Network Engineer located in Huntsville, AL. Job Responsibilities:
• Maintaining operations of the LAN/WAN, including coordination with network, software, system engineers, cyber engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Installing/configuring/maintaining routers, switches and firewalls.
• Conduct testing of network design.
• The ability to support multiple networks and ensuring necessary administration tasks are completed.
• Providing regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short/long-range planning for systems.
• Recommending and implementing system/process enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Creating and ensuring that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Developing and documenting technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Making recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Adhering/reporting to Information Systems security guidelines.
• Exhibiting good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
This position may be filled at either Principal Network Engineer or Senior Principal Network Engineer level:
- Principal Network Engineer: 5 years experience with a Bachelors Degree; 3 Years with a Masters; 0 Years with a PhD; 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Sr. Principal Network Engineer: 9 years experience with a Bachelors Degree; 7 Years with a Masters; 4 Years with a PhD
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with Cisco hardware on switched networks
• Current Security + Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.