The qualified candidate will be hired at the appropriate level commensurate with education/experience
Partner with the business client community to identify and analyze business needs and provide innovative recommendations for technology solutions. Simultaneously manage all IT aspects of projects in support of the established business objectives for assigned clients and major functional area(s). Responsibilities primarily include leading and participating in projects, and may include baseline support, administrative and maintenance duties.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Consulting and Analysis \: This role will perform as the IT subject matter expert (SME) for the applications that support the following site engineering processes\: Site Security, Plant Maintenance, Calibration and Document/Data Management. The incumbent will meet regularly with site clients and stakeholders to understand and analyze their processes and needs and will provide recommendations on possible solutions and/or improvements to current process/system.
- Client Support\: Perform baseline system support, system administration and maintenance duties for assigned engineering systems. Support the failure analysis process, troubleshoot applications and system problems conducting to corrective actions/preventive actions implementation.
- Project/Solution Activities \: Support goals by participating on project teams. Deliver on assigned tasks and action items. This role will support projects from demand management, implementation roadmaps, maintain project performance (cost, schedule, resources), knowledge transfer and closing. The incumbent will also interact and sometimes lead external resources and vendors.
- Technical Focus \: Serve as an expert on existing IT applications/systems that supports site engineering processes and underlying architecture. Employ comprehensive knowledge to influence technology decisions. Identify IT or Pharma industry processes or technologies that could provide BI with a competitive advantage. This role will support specific applications used for the site access control system (Interflex), CCTV Video Management system (Qognify), Engineering data and document management (COMOS), Plant Maintenance (SAP PM) and Calibration (BEAMEX). The incumbent should be capable to provide deep technical evaluations as well as develop/configure interfaces between systems, and provide hands-on support.
- Documentation \: Determine documentation requirements and produce documentation as required in support of baseline and project activities. The role will support applications on a GXP regulated environment.
Principal Business Analyst Requirements\:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field with a minimum of 7 years experience; or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or MIS, with a minimum of 5 years of experience; or a Master degree in Computer Science, MIS, with a minimum 3 years of experience; or relevant Business or IT experience of minimum of 7 years.
- Advanced level of technical understanding and demonstrated knowledge, for their area of responsibility.
- Solid project management knowledge and proven experience in successfully completing projects. Demonstrated knowledge of the critical issues associated with coordinating multiple IT functions, resources, and processes.
- Solid understanding of system development life cycle methodology
Sr. Principal Business Analyst Requirements\:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field with a minimum of eleven (11) years' experience; or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or MIS, or related field with minimum nine (9) years of experience; or a Master degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field with minimum seven (7) years of experience; or relevant Business or IT experience of minimum of eleven (11) years.
- Expert level of technical understanding and demonstrated knowledge for their area of responsibility.
- Strong and diverse project management knowledge and experience. Demonstrated knowledge of the critical issues associated with coordinating multiple IT functions, resources, and processes.
- Strong foundation in system development life cycle methodology.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.