Principal Software Engineer
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
We are looking for a hands-on Principal Software Engineer to join our growing Core banking and Payment Solutions delivery team, which provides technology solutions and integration services in following areas: Core banking, Credit/Charge/Debit Cards, Merchant Services, Payments (US, UK), Foreign Exchange, and Trade Finance. The ideal candidate should have the necessary skills and experience to provide technical guidance, estimation of efforts, understanding and deciding upon the optimal technology solution to achieve the desired business needs, day to day application support, should be able to navigate differing levels of gray/unknowns, and have excellent communication skills with other IT management levels, individual contributors and business stakeholders. They must be able to move at a rapid rate of execution to deliver requests and take advantage of any opportunities as they present themselves and navigate through any resource constraints. They must have both the short- and long-term strategic view when deciding on the best technical approach. They must be able to develop code and effectively oversee distributed development team members.
As a Principal Software Engineer, primary responsibility will be towards the development and support of Core banking (lending and deposit domains), Payments, Cards, Foreign Exchange or Trade Finance solutions/projects. The Principal Software engineer will be responsible for all software aspects within the team including research, design, technology insertion, development, testing and supporting them.
- Design and develop technical solutions that meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Provide development leadership (Architecture, Design, Development) for medium to large sized projects and maintenance on our client facing online and mobile banking systems.
- Oversee proactive maintenance on our existing Iaas/SaaS and on premise applications within the Digital, Mobile, Cards, Merchant Services, Payments, Foreign Exchange, Core banking and Trade Finance space to ensure our mission critical systems remain stable, are able to scale as our business grows, and remain fit-for-purpose.
- Coordinate and assist with troubleshooting of code defects, data errors and configuration problems to determine the origin of application error.
- Strong experience in supporting Business critical/ complex applications.
- Exercises Judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Must have technical lead experience for medium sized projects.
- Drive departmental best practices, guidelines implementation and adhere to standards.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and developing real-time integrations, file-based integrations and be able to optimize the use of database level processing.
- Empathy with developers. Innate desire to create a superlative developer experience down to the last detail.
- Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented, secure code.
- Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
- Working closely with Product Managers to execute on the business requirements
- Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 10 Years of experience
- Strong design & development experience with JEE & Enterprise Technologies: JMS, JDBC, Web development, Transactions, WS-*, JVM, JSP, Servlets, EJB, JNDI, JMX, JTA, Spring, JUnit, Hibernate
- Preferred experience with Web development, Mobile Development (iOS & Android), React JS/Angular JS/Polymer JS, NodeJS
- Preferred experience on public API development and using API Gateway like APiGEE
- XML technologies: XSLT, XPATH, DOM, SAX, JAXP, XSD, XQuery Namespaces and XML parsers and tools
- File-based transfer applications (e.g. Sterling, SFTP, etc)
- Strong proficiency and hands on experience in Design and Development RDBMS architecture and performance tuning systems like Oracle/MS- SQL/SQL Server
- Understanding of Distributed Computing paradigms like Active/Passive, Master/Slave Clusters
- Experience building SpringBoot Microservices.
- Experience building applications using container architecture with Kubernetes orchestration
- AWS Cloud experience is a must
- Worked on Agile projects and has complete knowledge of day to day Agile routines