Description: The qualified candidate will be hired at the appropriate level commensurate with education/experience
IT support role for biopharmaceutical site in Fremont, CA providing hands on technical support.
Partner with IT team members and the client community to deliver IT systems that utilize underlying technology solutions in support of business objectives to improve productivity and enhance processes. Activities include analysis, interpretation, identifying trends and taking corrective action. Responsibilities include leading and participation on project teams, and accountability for underlying technology within the respective area. Duties may include baseline infrastructure operational support, administrative and maintenance duties.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees. Duties & Responsibilities\:
Principal Systems Engineer Requirements\:
- Client Support\: Perform or advise IT colleagues on administrative and maintenance tasks for assigned applications/systems. Troubleshoot application and system problems that have been escalated, evaluate scope of impact, and develop remediation plan.
- Technical Focus\: Serve as an expert on existing applications/systems and underlying architecture. Employ comprehensive knowledge to influence technology decisions. Identify IT or Pharma industry processes or technologies that could provide BI with a competitive advantage.
- Project/Solution Activities\: Support goals by participating on or leading project teams. Deliver on assigned tasks and action items.
- Consulting and Analysis\: Meet regularly with IT colleagues and stakeholders to seek new opportunities to make their processes more efficient, effective, and/or secure. Make recommendations to utilize and implement improvements to IT systems to meet needs. Determine/gather requirements to present possible solutions or improvements.
- Documentation\: Determine documentation requirements and produce documentation as required in support of baseline and project activities
- Occasional travel within the US will be required
- Work with groups and individuals locally, regionally and globally to provide solutions for an enterprise client base
- Oversee local vendor in regards to IT policies and processes which include but are not limited to hardware inventory management for end user devices such as PC's, iPads, etc.
Sr. Principal Systems Engineer Requirements\:
- Advanced level of technical understanding and demonstrated knowledge of their area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with project management.
- Solid understanding of system life cycle methodology.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field with 7 years experience; or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field with 5 years of experience; or a Master in Computer Science, MIS, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience; or relevant Business or IT experience of a minimum of 7 years.
- Expert level of technical understanding and demonstrated knowledge for their area of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with project management required.
- Working knowledge of and experience with life cycle methodology required.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field with minimum 11 years experience; or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or MIS, or related field with a minimum 9 years of experience; or a Master in Computer Science, MIS, or related experience with minimum of 7 years of experience; or relevant Business or IT experience of minimum of 11 years.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com
and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.