Prism Architect Requisition 267586 Location:
Richmond, Charlotte, Baltimore, Atlanta, Kansas City, New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland
At the Richmond Fed, we're driven by our mission to strengthen the economy and our communities. We take great pride in what we do and it impacts everyday people every day.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work! About the Opportunity
The Orion Program Department has an immediate opening for a Prism Architect.
The Federal Reserve System is transitioning human resources, finance and procurement technology systems into one integrated cloud-based platform using the Workday and SAP Ariba product solutions. To support this new platform, operational support capabilities are being reorganized to be singularly focused on one goal - to deliver a world-class platform in support of the Federal Reserve's mission. As part of this effort, a new ERP Support Office (ESO) has been created to spearhead technical support of the new solution by establishing an agile team that will embrace change, drive innovation, and rapidly respond to the changing needs of stakeholders. Change of this magnitude does not happen quickly, so this transformation will occur over 18 months between 2021-2022. Positions are open within the ESO for subject matter experts to act as change agents as the transformation becomes a permanent reality.
The Prism Architect will be responsible for the Workday Prism platform; the architecture and hands-on development of new solutions, providing consultation with business functions on capabilities, approaches, and designs for usage; and coordinating the activities of Prism developers across the system that will enhance the solution. The person in this role will be responsible for providing Workday subject matter expertise across the Workday analytics/reporting platform including Scorecarding, Prism, Dashboards, Metrics, data integration and report development techniques. Lastly, this individual will drive a common, standard approach to reporting and analytics and offer consulting to ensure that standards are communicated well and easily adopted. They will also be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of higher, enterprise level or cross function reporting and analytics for consumption by the System Data Governance Council, as well as System advisory groups, governance bodies and key decision makers. What You Will Do:
- Propose recommended and/or best practices regarding the movement, manipulation, and storage of data in a Workday Prism solution including data ingestion, data storage options, query techniques, data variety, volume & velocity,
- Collaborate with project teams on platform development process from inception to production deployment, including project scheduling, design, implementation and coordination with other team members.
- Develop and maintain simple to complex Workday reports (advanced, matrix, composite, BIRT) utilizing Workday Report Writer and Report Designer, Prism as well as other organizational tools and available technologies as necessary
- Support the development and implementation of standard reporting development life cycle processes, that accounts for rationalization, design, build, validation, and delivery or Workday and Prism reports, dashboards, scorecards, worksheets and discovery boards that meet the needs of key stakeholders
- Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop cross-function technology stack interactions.
- Manage multiple datasets and automatic schedules for refreshing data in Workday Prism
- Apply role-based and contextual security in Workday Prism by utilizing the Workday security framework
- Work with the Data Governance analyst to establish lineage of data elements
- Research and experiment with emerging technologies and tools related to big data.
- Performing solution architecture in adherence to enterprise architecture governance.
- Formulates workable solutions that integrate people, process and technology. Integrates competency leads and other subject matter experts to define the details of vision and solution
- Identifies, creates and communicates the vision of the end-to-end solution for the client and implementation teams after completing thorough evaluations of the present state needs
- Leads technical teams in documenting and implementing technical solutions for business problems
- Works with Product Managers to develop project estimating methodologies for new areas of focus
- Assist in the gathering of Workday and Prism reporting requirements and collaborate with functional and technical team(s) on Prism, data model and report design
- Manage development and delivery progress by tracking activity and publishing status updates
- Provide oversight of the Prism platform by overseeing the activities of Prism developers in other groups; coordinating activities, helping to load balance demand, ensuring platform resources are fairly shared across the functional support teams
- Engage and partner with key stakeholders/customers to identify requirements for external data sources
- Troubleshoot report related issues and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Maintain responsibility for testing and impact analysis for changes applied to people, processes, technology and data that support Workday/Prism reporting and analytics
- Lead efforts to analyze and optimize report performance
- Maintain proper change management documentation to satisfy audit controls
- Serve as an escalation point for troubleshooting Finance and HR reporting inquires/issues
- Provide developer oversight and consultation for Workday and Prism reporting standards/best practices to business line report developers and other key stakeholders
- Maintain awareness of current trends in Workday Reporting and best practices
- Work with technology/security teams to define and create calc fields, security policies and other Workday objects to support the evolving reporting needs of the organization
- Perform code promotions across the Workday landscape
- Review system upgrades/releases to determine overall business impact, conduct regression testing and make recommendations for future enhancements/functionality
- Provides on-call support, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, incident management, and service request management for supported products and environments.
- Experience with either Workday HCM or Workday Finance and Prism Analytics is mandatory for this position.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
- 6-10 years Workday Analytics and Data Architecture related experience with project management and Workday design and development including the ability to understand the business requirements, user needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Prefer Workday certifications in HCM/FIN Core, Advanced Reporting and Prism Analytics
- 5 years of hands-on experience with building end-to-end scalable enterprise data warehouses on enterprise database platforms
- 2 years of hands-on experience with Workday Prism Analytics in development, administrative, and architectural roles
- Experience with automation and integration of Prism Analytics
- Hands on experience working with Workday Reporting tools and Workday security framework and well-versed with commonly used ERP metrics
- Advanced knowledge of design and architecture patterns and methodologies.
- Has and maintains a deep understanding of the role of big data in business and the enterprise.
- Experience in scaling applications on big data platforms to massive size.
- Deep understanding in Data Warehousing, Enterprise Architectures, Dimensional Modelling, Star & Snow-flake schema design, Reference DW Architectures, ETL Architect, ETL (Extract/Transform/Load), Data Analysis, Data Conversion/Transformation, Database Design, Data Warehouse Optimization, Data Mart Development, and Enterprise Data Warehouse Maintenance and Support etc.
- Should have independently worked on proposing architecture, design and data ingestion concepts.
- Understand complexities and nuances with reporting on different organizational hierarchies
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy with highly confidential data
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies is a big plus, such as Hadoop ecosystems, i.e. HDFS, MapReduce, Hive and Spark.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to collect, organize and analyze reporting requirements and visualize the requirements using Workday Prism Analytics platform or similar analytics platform is required.
- Expert in on-premise or DaaS ETL technologies with experience with tools like Alteryx, Tableau Prep, Talend or Informatica
- Expert in dimensional modeling with solid experience in Oracle or SQL Server databases and in-depth understanding of Relational database models
- Expert in using MS Excel for data prep and transformation
- Hands-on knowledge in writing, understanding and tuning SQL scripts and PL/SQL packages
- Well-versed with BI/data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau
- AWS or Azure DevOps Big Data ecosystem experience a plus
- Ability to lead by fostering a collaborative environment and gain consensus through influence
- Demonstrated expertise in Agile methods, from structure and implementation to delivered results
- Background in Dev/Ops and operational support
- Results-focused with an unrelenting push toward delivering value through standardization and ongoing improvements aligned to business needs.
- Flexible and nimble leadership style that can shift quickly to new priorities and delivery of outcomes based on business needs.
- Accepts accountability and ownership for the product vision and continuously adds value while establishing the trust and team empowerment to speed up time to market.
- Learning mindset geared toward innovation and creativity for applying technology capabilities in new ways, necessary for both the delivery of effective technology and business solutions.
- Expertise in relationship management and an exemplary ability to manage stakeholder expectations through clear and transparent communications.
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
- Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org .
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- The hiring range of the Prism Architect is 101,800.00- 127,300.00 annually.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.