Industrial / Process Engineer Job Summary:
The Industrial/Process Engineer is a key member of the manufacturing team. The process engineer is responsible for developing, testing and implementing efficient production processes, reducing costs while maintaining high standards of operations. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Designs and evaluates production processes that maximize efficiency, yield, and reduce waste.
- Designs and evaluates production standards, layout of facilities, and personnel requirements to ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Suggests, investigates and approves alternate, new or improved production processes for existing products.
- Leads and supports continuous improvement efforts utilizing new technologies and equipment that provide the company with distinct competitive advantages.
- Leads and supports quality improvement efforts through improved raw material performance, new process technology or improved operational practices.
- Leads efforts to improve efficiency of current products and processes applying lean manufacturing principles.
- Applies statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to determine best manufacturing processes, staff requirements and production standards.
- Prepares periodic reports on KPI's and others as needed.
- Coordinates quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability and minimize cost.
- Reviews production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures and activities.
- Leads and is the champion for the Process Control platform (MES and ERP) by supporting and delivering training of plant management on standard processing philosophies and techniques.
- Leads on the integration of new products and its processes into production by collaborating with R&D, Quality, and Production.
- Recommends methods for improving utilization of personnel, material and utilities.
- Leads the refinement and optimization of production equipment to ensure maximum output, while ensuring that product quality parameters are met.
- Responsible for researching new technologies and suggesting new equipment when needed.
- Ability to work independently and within teams on abstract projects with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Process, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience as process or industrial engineer.
- Lean or Six Sigma experience
- Experience with developing and implementing successful solutions for complex manufacturing processes
- Experience in a Food Manufacturing.
- Project and process management
- Process design and development
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCad
Health & Safety Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer or prolonged periods of standing
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Observe and follow all safety rules
- Wear required PPE
- Follow mandated OSHA regulations
- Report all incidents including near misses immediately