This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- Bachelor Degree in technical area, preferably mechanical engineering, or supply chain management
- 3-5 years experience in Procurement or Engineering
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Fully self-directed with leadership skills - drives for results
- Ability to manage multiple projects across diverse commodities, suppliers, and business functions
- Demonstrate excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Prior purchasing, manufacturing or product development experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Product Development (Milestone/Stage Gate) process and requirements for First Article Inspection Reporting (PPAP/SQA-015/FAI) for Supplier Quality Assessment preferred
The Stanley Black & Decker Global Procurement & Strategic Sourcing (GPSS) team is our strategic sourcing organization focused on leveraging the company's scale to achieve the best possible price with the best possible quality, service and delivery among all categories of spend. In addition, the team maintains close alignment with the businesses to support overall strategies and drives to a best-in-class sourcing organization using Stanley Fulfillment System principles.
The Stanley Black & DeckerGPSS Group
has an opportunity for anAdvanced Sourcing Engineer
which will be based in Towson, Maryland. At Stanley Black & Decker, Innovation and New Product Development is one the key strategic initiative to grow the business and the Advanced Sourcing role will play a vital part in delivering winning New Products in the market. The position will have responsibility for providing sourcing leadership for New Product Development in a crossfunctional team environment, which would include Supply Selection, Cost & Capital Management (TCO), RiskAssessment & Mitigation, Supplier Management throughout the Product Development and On-Going ProcessImprovements to speed Product Development. Specifically, you will:
Benefits & Perks
- Provide overall Sourcing Leadership for New Products that will be designed in-house and manufactured in one of our many global manufacturing plants
- Work in a cross functional team environment, working with Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing, Marketing, Supply Chain, Sourcing Commodity Managers and Global Suppliers.
- Will share a common goal of developing and introducing New Products, On Quality, On time and On Cost
- Drive Supply Base Selection by ensuring consensus with Engineering, Manufacturing & Commodity Managers to meet the business needs
- Assess Supplier's Capability with similar parts analysis or through demonstrated process controls on key manufacturing processes.
- Develop Sourcing Plan that documents, Early Supplier Involvement, Supply Selection, Risk Mitigation Plans, Capacity Management and Supplier Ramp Up Plans and ensure the plan is executed.
- Understand Engineering component specifications and how they translate into supplier capability requirements.
- Conduct eRFQ's through eRFQ system to receive quotes. Also responsible for awarding business to Suppliers
- Coordinate design reviews and lead communications with Engineering and Suppliers to assure that components meet design for manufacturability (DFM).
- Utilize Stanley Fulfillment System (SFS) principles in New Product Development to reduce Working Capital Costs
- Negotiate Component Cost, Tooling Costs, Minimum Order Quantity, Lead Times and Delivery Schedules with Suppliers
- Perform deep dive quotation cost analysis to drive Total Cost Ownership principles
- Responsible for Material Cost tracking and reporting throughout the Program
- Validate supplier capacity & align critical component supply with program ramp schedules
- Coordinate Purchase Order placement for capital tooling and components for sample builds and track tooling and components into the SBD Manufacturing plant
- Assist engineering and supplier on component qualification through Supplier Quality Assessment and Part Inspection Reporting
- Work with Manufacturing and Plant Sourcing to set up components in SAP (ERP system)
- Assist transition from Advanced Sourcing planning to sustainable plant procurement planning hand off to GSM Management Team
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity
- Learning & Development
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
- Purpose-Driven Company
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. #LI-SZ1 EEO:
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.