Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a highly-motivated Product Development Engineer to join the Front End Quality Engineering team in support of the Engineering organizations at our Palo Alto and San Jose, CA locations. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of aerospace products, both new and heritage, to ensure product development goes smoothly and yields high quality results. The ideal candidate has experience with quality planning, product qualification, requirements definition, and risk mitigation & management.Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with engineering to develop deliverables including, but not limited to, product performance analysis on similar products, essential requirements checklist, design verification, design validation, design reviews, phase reviews, and product release authorization for distribution of product.
- Evaluate and validate the qualification and qualification-by-similarity approach for individual flight hardware, including supporting development and execution of risk mitigation plans.
- Support various engineering organizations in the execution of the above plans providing relative engineering support where necessary and where appropriate.
- Participate in front end proposal work, including product structure review and generating Qualification Status List.
- Lead multi-functional Qualification Status Review meetings and maintain the company Qualification Database.
- Lead a variety of cost reduction, quality improvement, and schedule reduction improvement projects from ideation through closure, utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodology, as appropriate.
Preferred Qualifications (a strong combination of any of these items is what will attract us to you):
- or permanent resident.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, statistics or other science/engineering-related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality engineering or a related technical field, with experience working in product development engineering and/or systems engineering. An MS degree will be counted as two additional years of experience.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- MS or PhD degree
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient knowledge of system improvement implementation and development product life cycles (NPI, APQP)
- Significant Product Development Engineering and Quality Engineering experience.
- Ability to employ process and system analysis to determine how to build safeguards and process changes to prevent nonconformities.
- Advanced experience with data analysis and tools.
- Experience with providing leadership consultations & leadership support.
- Lean Six Sigma Certified Green Belt.
- Experience with implementing AS9145 concepts (Advanced Product Quality Planning).
- Advanced experience with MS Excel, Access, Visio, and any applicable business intelligence tools.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and execute medium (6-8 month) to large (8-16 month) system projects in a dynamic environment, including robust business analysis for recommended attainable solutions.
- Ability to collaborate, innovate and maintain high engagement with engineering teams.