Project Engineer- Battery PacksTowson, Maryland
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years engineering design experience.
- Knowledgeable of lithium ion battery technology and battery pack designs is highly desired.
- Familiar with design of injection molded plastic parts, stamped metal parts, selection of contact materials and design of heat sinks.
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD software (CATIA V5 is a plus), 2D drawing generation & PLM software (Windchill is a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment while also independently driven to complete tasks autonomously.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work with a global team including remote design and manufacturing centers.
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude in prior project experience.
- Flexibility to move in back and forth between roles of detailed product design on larger teams and project lead on smaller teams per business needs.
- Demonstrated hands on problem solving skills and can do attitude.
- Highly skilled in building and testing prototype assemblies.
- Knowledge of high volume electronics assembly processes and electronics encapsulation techniques is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in automated assembly process and design for automated manufacturing is a plus.
As a Project Engineer- Battery Packs, you'll be part of our Global Tools & Storage (GTS) team located in Towson, Maryland.
Benefits & Perks
- This position requires knowledge and experience in electro-mechanical design for packaging of battery packs and/or electronic assemblies.
- Expected to create working models of new product concepts using 3D CAD software (CATIA V5 or similar experience preferred) and subsequently build physical prototypes to support product development.
- Able to create 2D drawings, stack up analysis and possess a firm understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Expected to create and maintain drawings and bill of materials in product lifecycle management system (Windchill preferred).
- Will utilize analysis tools, develop simulations and conduct laboratory bench testing to evaluate concept designs.
- Expected to perform technical feasibility analysis and present results.
- Expected to review and approve first piece inspection data, test reports and implement engineering change orders.
- Expected to write test procedures, test plans, and assist in fixture and test equipment design.
- Must be able to integrate the needs of end users, manufacturing and product service to provide optimum designs that exceed competitive products and are designed for assembly using automated manufacturing methods.
- Position supports the global electronics and electrical systems group with focus on design of electromechanical assemblies for battery packs.
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get Career Opportunity
: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.