Meridian Knowledge Solutions, LLC, is the leading provider of enterprise, web-based learning management software. Meridian's powerful yet easy-to-use solutions are leveraged by organizations dedicated to building world-class learning enterprises inspired and focused on delivering exceptional results. With over 7 million users worldwide, Meridian offers a flexible, best-of-breed learning management system that gives organizations and users alike a seamless, integrated experience, all while strengthening the bottom line. The company is headquartered in Reston, VA. For additional information about Meridian, visit www.meridianks.com.
Meridian is seeking an organized, professional, and motivated Project Manager to lead project teams during the implementation of Meridian's learning management system (LMS) and eLearning solutions for public and private sector clients. The Project Manager will be involved in managing all aspects of the SDLC lifecycle as well as operations and maintenance. This position requires strong customer facing skills to manage delivery resources and to provide value added consulting services while managing client engagements.
The candidate will perform the following functions:
- Work with clients to develop solutions using Meridian's offerings to accomplish their learning objectives
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of complex projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Prepares reports to reflect status of open tickets, priority level, solution, and ETA for closure.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project
- Build well-structured project plans that align with the contracted scope of work.
- Schedule and facilitate project status meetings.
- Set and manage client expectations.
- Facilitate working sessions and meetings required to communicate status and/or resolve project issues.
- Provide direction to internal project resources, monitor development efforts, assemble key project deliverables, mitigate risk, and identify issues that require escalation.
- Develops and maintain documentation that effectively communicates project status.
- Manage project financials using proprietary processes.
- Exhibits excellent communication and leadership skills to establish a common understanding of project timelines, milestones, and delivery expectations.
- Motivate and build teams who are dedicated to project delivery
- Escalates issues when needed for timely resolution
- Acquire Meridian product knowledge to deliver client implementations successfully.
- 5+ years of Project management experience (externally facing)
- 3-5+ years of application software implementation and/or management consulting experience in applying technology to meet client needs.
- Hands-on self-starter with a proven track record of success
- Analytical problem-solving skills (Consulting ability)
- Ability to wear multiple hats (PM & Consultant)
- Ability to tactfully manage customer expectations as well as align with best practices
- Full software implementation life cycle or development experience that include COTS or custom developed solutions
- Strong oral presentation and written communications skills
- Limited local travel (Washington DC area)
Meridian is subject to regulations, guidelines and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Meridian personnel performing certain client work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.