Quality Engineer - Ooltewah, TN
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or another related technical field preferred.
- ASE and/or Six Sigma Certification is preferred but not required.
- Master's degree in related field not required but a plus.
As a Quality Engineer, you'll be part of our Infrastructure team located in Ooltewah, TN. The Quality Engineer is responsible for driving continuous improvement through the elimination of defects that create waste in our process and may result in customer complaints. Critical to success in this position is the ability to champion the team response to customer problems, including containment, customer interaction, root cause analysis, and the implementation of effective permanent corrective actions.
The Quality Engineer perpetually seeks to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes through their participation and leadership.
Benefits & Perks
- Review and disposition of non-conforming material.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership potential through a strong data focus and results orientation and exceptional problem solving.
- Champion corrective action teams.
- Represent Stanley with the customer.
- Documentation (flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, inspection paperwork) review and development.
- Optimization of process controls including SPC.
- Proactive risk reduction through rigorous FMEA.
- Support APQP and PPAP.
- Conduct Layered Process and other internal audits.
- Communicate with manufacturing, purchasing and other departments for resolution of issues.
- Communicate with / supervise inspection personnel.
- Maintain a Quality Management System (ISO 9001 and customer specifics).
- Participate in Sub-Supplier development.
- Support customer audits/visits and third-party audits.
- Deploy lean manufacturing principles and methods.
- Gauge and fixture design and evaluation (MSA).
- Strong organizational and project management skills as well as superior communication and presentation skills.
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.