Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking a Release Train Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA. You will serve as a servant leader and coach for a Software-focused Agile Release Train. You will facilitate Release Train-level ceremonies and assist the teams in delivering value to the business. You will also have in-depth agile process knowledge in order to coach and mentor both local and remote teams effectively in the implementation of the Scaled Agile Framework in a team relatively new to the transformation.
Your Career: We're very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members the opportunity to define their own career trajectories. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your manager, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement, and student loan forgiveness. You will work with your manager to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
- Plan and Facilitate Program Increment (Release) and Iteration (Sprint) planning according to the approach defined in SAFe 5.0, to include Backlog Refinement, PI Planning, Retrospectives, Scrum of Scrums, and related ceremonies. Manage and advertise the calendar of ceremonies.
- Facilitate Lean agile organizational transformation across the organization to build a modern delivery capability. This includes setting a vision, aligning necessary resources, and communicating to executive levels on status/milestones.
- Organize and Facilitate team training of developers and team members.
- Incorporate principles of Lean Systems Engineering, Cloud Architectures, DevOps, DevSecOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, and other modern software development approaches to maximize the flow of value through the release train.
- Analyze and articulate complex subject matter via proposal responses, white papers, and presentations, advocating for lean/agile principles to team members, management, customers, and stakeholders.
- Produce metrics, including burndown/burnup charts, QA efficacy, feature execution, and overall brain health.
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by the teams.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, System Engineering, or related field. 8 years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an agile software development team or delivery organization with increasing responsibilities.
- Expert knowledge of Agile development principles and best practices, preferably with SAFe.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multidisciplinary teams, take ownership of deliverables, and drive assigned tasks to completion.
- Strong sense of self-motivation essential - must be willing to be actively involved in the details of train execution.
- Proficiency with requirements management processes and tools.
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification, with experience and knowledge of application in the government arena.
- Experience with Atlassian software suite, Confluence, and Jira specifically. Experience with automated testing plugins such as X-Ray.
- Service-Oriented Architecture experience.
- Natural curiosity and ability to continually learn about our evolving complex system.
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Full knowledge of modern development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD, DevSecOps).
- Software architecture/ development / Systems Design experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to translate complex information into ideas and effectively communicate.
- Ability to problem-solve with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong cross-functional team collaboration skills.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
#cjpostMaxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.