Internal title: Engineer III
Location: Office based in Atlanta, GA
This position will be focused largely in the AWS Cloud sFTP support area. The incumbent will also need to serve in a point capacity for support services that would be provided by members of an off-shore team in support of our IngenioRx IT Office 365/SharePoint site. This could include overall structural design of our SharePoint environment and providing internal consulting to IT individuals looking to leverage our SharePoint environment.
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company's application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Help define, design, and implement the sFTP file management features and functionality in the IRx AWS cloud.
- Investigate operational issues, resolve customer challenges and help maintain and enhance the operational excellence that ensures high quality sFTP services to IRx Clients and internal application development and support teams.
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
- Strong experience with AWS Cloud required
- Strong experience with sFTP required
- JSON and REST API skills are a must
- Experience supporting/leading off-shore teams preferred
- Sharepoint site design and administration experience preferred
- Programming knowledge with Python code, a plus
- Hands on knowledge of working with Protegrity preferred
Requires BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training; 5 or more years related experience; multi platform experience;expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead multiple small projects and provide troubleshooting support. Multi dimensional required. Multi database and/or multi language preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 Diversity Inc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.