World Wide Technology has an impactful opportunity for a SecDevOps Platform Engineer to join our Government Services Team on a multi-year, fully funded program supporting the Department of Homeland Security. Using Agile Methodologies, the mission of this program is to obtain greater integration, automation and efficiencies. In this role you will support, through innovation and transformative processes, the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity!
- Work as an integral part of an Agile Scrum team--a highly productive team of technical professionals who thrive on supporting the customer's mission and growth objectives-- responsible for assuring the quality of the application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems and applications.
- Work in close collaboration with other software developers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes to continue the automation of the software build and installation processes.
- Work closely with members of the development, tests, and operations teams to troubleshoot build breaks, enforcement of software quality standards, and proper communication of the package's installation steps to operations for both non-production and production environments; basic responsibilities include:
- Continue development and maintenance of a SecDevOps platform which is available for a large portfolio of applications.
- Manage infrastructure in a secure way which project teams will use to deploy their applications. Maintain Jira, Confluence, GitLab, ELK, Authentication services, etc.
- Build a SecDevOps pipeline platform which teams can use in the cloud environment for their application.
- Work closely with each product family to develop new DevSecOps features and capabilities for application deployments, monitoring and operations.
- Assist with creating project resource estimates, metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, development efficiency and quality.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization’s agile project lifecycle.
- with the ability to pass DHS background investigation, criteria include, but not limited to:
- 3-year check for felony convictions
- 1-year check for illegal drug use
- 1-year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree plus 5 years related experience.
- Prior experience with continuous integration, test automation and/or DevSecOps on iterative software development projects using tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Team City and/or Bamboo.
- AWS or other Cloud platform experience. Cloud certifications preferred.
- Kubernetes, Docker and other containerization experience.
- Ability to create operational platforms for development teams to deploy code in a secure and compliant manner.
- Cloud reporting through tools such as ELK, Grafana, Prometheus.
- Ability to design and document technical solutions related to continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Script Languages, such as Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, Perl, etc.
- Experience using GIT source code control.
- Automated Deployment experience on Windows Server / Linux RHEL platforms.
- Familiarity with Linux or UNIX (administration, installing, patching).
- Installation package development - Installshield and RPM package managers are preferred.
- Experience with agile project management tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT – it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!