Security Controls Assessor DC, Washington 20585 Security Clearance:
U.S. Citizen, Current Security Clearance, Top Secret, DoE Q Skills: FISMA, RMF, NIST 800-53, SAR, Security Controls, Compliance Management
We are seeking a Security Controls Assessor
to work in support of a Department of Energy program. Qualified candidates will have experience with cybersecurity operations and compliance management. Prior experience with FISMA controls is required. Location Note:
Candidates must be local to Germantown, MD for on-site work. Travel Note:
Some travel within the continental US will be required (estimated at 25%). Duties and responsibilities include:
- Writing security assessment reports based on compliance with FISMA controls
- Constructing Plans of Actions & Milestones (PO&AMs) to rectify issues and then following up and reporting on actions taken
- Responding to cyber security questions as needed, explaining policies, and providing guidance for System Owners
- Ensuring that IT systems are aligned with the necessary Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts
- Working with Operations & Maintenance (O&M) teams and Information System Security Managers (ISSMs) to prevent issues related to compliance or account approvals
- Remediating vulnerabilities by documenting system asset data in collaboration with Security Engineering and Operations & Maintenance teams
- U.S. citizenship
- Current Top Secret or Q clearance
- Bachelor's degree required; Studies in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related discipline preferred
- 10+ years of related experience conducting full assessments of security controls
- Experience and familiarity with NIST 800-53 standards and guidelines
- Experience identifying vulnerabilities and reporting on findings in security assessment reports
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical business peers and managers
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to work with a blended government and contractor team
Tallon Recruiting and Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We comply with Form I-9 identity and legal work authorization requirements and utilize E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification in accordance the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process can reach us by email at email@example.com or telephone 571-333-2151.
For more information please visit us at www.tallonrs.com .