What you’ll get to do:
Serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes.
• Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight.
• Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
• Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported
• Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
• Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines.
• Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
• Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
• Providing mentoring to junior members of the team
• ==== with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
o 3 year check for felony convictions
o 1 year check for illegal drug use
o 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
• College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline.
Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• Professional Experience: at least 7 plus (7+) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment
You are good at:
• Object oriented design and development (OODD) expertise, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Communicating OODD and SOA principles and best practices
• Working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
• Acting independently to expose and resolve problems
• Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
• Experience using SQL or PL/SQL to access Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server databases
• Experience with data base design • Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts
• Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
• Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
• Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
Bonus would be having:
• Technical Certifications, such as OCAJP; OCPJP; OCE, OCM; CSM.
• Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas • Direct experience providing production support for applications utilizing Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools
• Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: HTML, Angular, VMware, ETL tools, ESB, message queuing, application security, automated testing, UML, VersionOne, Jira, or Sparx Enterprise Architect