About the Team
Identity Platform is responsible for management for all of Uber's entities including riders, drivers, partners, eaters, shippers, trucks, vehicles, organizations, enterprise customers, etc.
We enable Uber's directory services by providing a highly available, performant and scalable Identity Platform. This platform serves as a source of truth for all of Uber's identity data.
We operate and manage the highest scale services at Uber (~600K QPS), and provide end to end user lifecycle management for all Identity aspects: from signups, logins to authentication preferences, enrollments and Role Based Access Control information
We enable Uber's business growth by creating trusted user accounts and providing seamless and secure access to Uber applications and services.
Uber's Identity Platform team is a brand new team which will provide APIs and storage for all of Uber's Identity entities and attributes. We support various identity use cases which span Uber's mobile and web applications (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, Elevate, U4B etc.), Uber acquisitions (Cornershop, Jump, Careem etc.), Uber services offered through 3rd party applications (AliPay, PayPay, Line Messenger, McDonalds etc.) as well as enabling our external partners to seamlessly offer their services within Uber apps.About the Role
The Identity Platform team is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer with experience building high scale services and platforms, as well as experience working with identity systems and data modeling. As an engineer on the Identity Platform team, you'll be responsible for designing, data modeling and developing the next-generation directory services for Uber. This platform will provide both the APIs and storage for Identity related entities including users, organizations, etc.What You'll Do
- Solve challenging distributed systems problems around scalability, reliability, low latency, high-availability with one of the largest-scale services at Uber
- Build APIs to authenticate/register/manage users, groups, and organizations
- Contribute towards modeling and building a storage layer for Identity directory services in a multi-region configuration
- Re-architect our existing infrastructure to allow identity directory storage and APIs to handle all user/organization related identity entities and attributes
- Solve complex problems around synchronization of data between identity platform and Hive, to support backward compatibility for existing clients
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience hands-on coding using general purpose programming language (eg. C/C++, Java, Python, Go, C#)
- Experience designing and implementing large scale distributed systems
- Experience in areas of Authentication, Identity Management, Authorization, and Access Control
- Experience with OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, X.509, and other standard authentication protocols.
- Experience with enterprise level data modeling at scale
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form