Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking to add a Senior Data Engineer to our team. This multi-disciplinary team will satisfy open-source information requirements by collecting, extracting, transforming, loading, and normalizing data for analytics, discovery, and reporting.Career:
We're very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose.
You will work with your direct supervisor and/or a mentor to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.Day-to-Day with your Colleagues:
- Use your expertise to apply machine learning in large data environments and complete data mining, predictive modeling, clustering, and classification methods.
- Support the identification, prioritization, and scheduling of data modeling and processing requirements.
- Report the status of all extraction, transformation, and load activities.
- Re-construct data from existing databases or provided by end-users through a Bring Your Own Data (BYOD) ETL process in XML, delimited text, email, and a variety of database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Apply semantic data modeling techniques to classify, aggregate, and generalize data stored in hierarchical, network, and relational database management systems.
- Design physical database management systems to represent semantic data models, including relational and object-relational databases (e.g, Postgress, SQL Server, MYSQL, key-value stores, inverted indexes (Lucene, Elastic Search,) and distributed file systems (Tachyon, HDFS).
- Validate semantic data models with data collectors and end-users.
- Write code and scripts using COTS, GOTS, and open-source software to extract objects (entities, events, documents, and relationships) from structured and unstructured data and multimedia.
- Transform entities and apply general data cleaning, transformation, and augmentation methods.
- Create and maintain a repository of software code and scripts (e.g., Java and Python) Integrate software code and scripts for the automation of repeatable extract, transform and load processes.
- Must have current/active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain a CI polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Significant experience applying semantic data modeling techniques to classify, aggregate, and generalize data from multiple data providers stored in hierarchical, network, or relational database management systems to define the meaning of data objects within the context of interrelationships with other data.
- Significant experience with physical database designs (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL).
#cjpostMaxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.