Lead Data Scientist - Supply Chain & Operations -Remote ( New Britain, CT)
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
Stanley Black and Decker (SBD) is committed to deep and ongoing investment in Data & Analytics capability. Stanley Black & Decker is currently building a centralized Data & Analytics Organization that will leverage a cloud-based data warehouse and state of the art analytics environment to solve various business problems ranging from demand forecasting, inventory optimization and supply chain optimization to operations and pricing analytics. Our data scientists have a chance to use cutting edge AI and machine learning tools, explore many internal and external data sets and work closely with dedicated business partners across the entire organization.Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools in the area of supply chain management including but not limited to inventory optimization, safety stock, OTIF (on time in full) management, demand forecasting.
You also have:
What You'll Do
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in a relevant technical field (Preferrable: Operations Research, Industrial Engineering. Consideration will be also given to the following: Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics) with 7+ years of experience in related data science, analytics, and model building roles within the supply chain domain
- Strong background in supply chain domain and "state-of-the-art" methods.
- Experience working with large complex data sets, real time/near real time analytics, and distributed big data platforms (Hadoop & MapReduce and/or Cassandra/Spark)
- Strong practical knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies such as machine learning/supervised and unsupervised techniques, segmentation, mix and time series modeling, response modeling, lift modeling, experimental design, neural networks, data mining and optimization techniques
- Strong background in applying statistical machine learning techniques to predictive modeling and experience with Machine Learning libraries (via R, H2O, Python, Spark, etc.)
- Experience in solvers for numerical optimization like CPLEX, GAMS or similar tools
- Proficiency in consuming REST based API (with JSON payload) is a plus.
- Fluency in big data platforms including Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive,Spark, PIG
- Familiarity with Cloud based HaaS/PaaS solutions such as AWS EMR, MS Azure.
- A strong understanding of data profiling and data cleansing techniques
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with senior levels of both business and technology leadership
- Depth in relevant field(s) for data science as applicable to Supply chain domain, including:
- Statistical Analysis & Modeling
- Machine Learning Algorithms & Techniques
- Data Wrangling & Exploration
- Solid understanding of business functions Sales, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Sourcing and Logistics.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science or related field
- Experience working on business analytics projects
As a Data Scientist- Supply Chain & Operations, you'll be part of our Data & Analytics team located remotely.Specifically, you'll:
Benefits & Perks
- Work on complex and extremely varied data sets across entire SBD to solve highly complex real-world business problems
- Determines appropriate analytical approaches and predictive modeling techniques for these business problems and leads their development and execution.
- Identify potential analytical use cases, evaluate their feasibility and quantify potential future business impact
- Drive the collection, cleansing, processing and analysis of new and existing data sources.
- Establishes analytical rigor and predictive methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
- Build, test, and deploy predictive models and/or machine learning algorithms on large static and/or streaming data sets
- Report findings by creating useful and appropriate data outputs and visualizations tailored for the intended audiences
- Manages highly complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
- Learn & stay current on analytics developments in one or more business domains: Image Processing, Internet of Things, Digital Manufacturing, Supply Chain Optimization, Demand Forecasting, Sales & Marketing, Pricing, etc.
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.