Location: Reston, VA
Duration: Full-Time Onsite position (no contract, no corp to corp, no remote)
Salary: Excellent Compensation with benefits
1. Do you have experience software systems, programming in python?
2. Do you perform Data analysis, data lineage, mapping legacy data to Cloud migrated data and QA Data Validation?
3. Do you have experience with AWS cloud supported programming languages like Java, or Python development?
4. Do you have experience with Oracle DB tables, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Informatica ETL?
- The ideal candidate will have designed, developed, unit tested, implemented and documented solutions that include not only the code to supports business functionality, but also the underlying infrastructure required to run that code and the systems required to deploy it.
- The candidate will also possess technical skills and experience in the virtual infrastructure domain, specifically Amazon Web Services.
- The preferred candidate would also have knowledge and experience with continuous delivery systems.
- The candidate will possess a range of skills and experience to work with data team in both Legacy and AWS Cloud data environments.
- The candidate will also possess technical skills and experience in the data management domain that will help their ability to design and develop elegant and efficient data processes and systems.
- The candidate will report to the Senior Director and work within an agile application team that develops and maintains highly visible and critical applications.
- The candidate will have responsibility to design, implement, unit test, document and maintain complex technical software solutions in support of the application development and QA processes.
- Additionally, they will be expected to ensure communications and relationships with customers and cross-team members are professional and meet expectations.
- The Senior Software Engineer will maintain awareness and knowledge of the emerging trends in technology, and its usage within the industry, and will apply this learning in the establishment of new and innovative technology strategies to support Organization s business needs.
- The candidate will also work with the teams to establish related practices, standards, and guidelines and provide oversight and adoption support to solution delivery teams.
- In addition, successful candidates will be innovative thinkers and passionate in their pursuit of world class technology enabled business solutions.
- They will also be skilled communicators, and active partners, adept in interpreting and understanding the needs of the enterprise while translating those needs into technology architectures and solutions that are enduring and of high quality.
- This is an opportunity for you to design and implement high-quality solutions that enable product and service delivery in support of the Organization s mission, strategy, goals, and objectives.
ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement solutions, based on a set of standards, patterns and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization s goals and objectives.
- As a Senior Software Engineer candidate will be responsible for migrating Oracle DB tables, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Informatica ETL to AWS cloud native solution.
- Perform Data analysis, Data lineage, Mapping legacy data to Cloud migrated data and QA Data Validation.
- Developing AWS Cloud solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality.
- Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable cloud based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
- Responsible for the quality of their work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels, employ reviews and observations to maintain the quality and -continuous improvement process, and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
- Use metrics to establish feasibility of new initiatives and develop plans, including budget, sequencing and time frames.
- Actively review their own and the team s work processes and implements improvements seen from other teams or in industry to drive continuous improvement of the team s efficiency, speed, and quality
- The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skill Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work independently and in Agile teams. Scrum Team Member attitude willingness to support the Team to be successful in any area necessary
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 5-7 years of experience in software systems, programming, database development, and infrastructure development and administration
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with software development.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience with AWS cloud supported programming languages like Java, or Python development.
- 2+ years hands-on with AWS Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, KMS, IAM, CloudWatch, EC2, RDS and DynamoDB, AWS CLI, Cloud 9, EMR SPARK, Glue, Athena, Lake Formation
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: CloudFormation, BitBucket
- Working knowledge of AWS Serverless architecture
- Working knowledge of Relational database management systems and data integration tools.
- Working knowledge of distributed architectural design patterns
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
- Expertise in the knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation or similar scripting techniques
- Familiarity with monitoring tool suites like DataDog, SumoLogic, NewRelic, and Nagios
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
- Experience with Agile Scrum practice a plus
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Please click the Apply Now button below to send your resume.