Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Industry 4.0 - Remote
, and so on.
Stanley Black & Decker has created this state-of-the-art manufacturing incubator to accelerate its global Industry 4.0 "smart factory" initiative across the entire organization. This team will set the overall vision and strategy for the company's Industry 4.0 initiative and supply the resources and expertise necessary to serve as the epicenter for the latest technologies and processes to Industry 4.0.
To learn more about Industry 4.0 and Stanley Black and Decker's vision, visit:
http://ir.stanleyblackanddecker.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=114416&p=irol-newsArticle&cat=news&id=2321207.Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop software confidence and reliability by creating testing artifacts, developing tooling, and providing the communication needed to ensure modified artifacts are continuously releasable.
- Agile/Scrum planning and process involvement.
- Architectural planning and design.
- Ideally seeking full-stack developer, with some expertise in cloud-based software development.
- Estimate and report development efforts.
- Clearly and concisely document code additions and code changes.
- Work with a global team.
- BS in Computer Science or related field; MS in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Expertise in developing software using AWS services.
- Strongworking knowledge of XML/JSON, HTML/CSS3, and associated modern technologies.
- Good working knowledge of Node.js.
- 3+ years' experience developing systems with enterprise databases involved, including good working knowledge of No-SQL and SQL databases.
- Previous experience, of at least three years, building medium to large-scale, "mission-critical" "high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and worked on a Scrum team.
- Experience interfacing with IoT devices.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Angular, Node.js. and C++ strongly preferred
- Experience with MS Azure Cloud technologies strongly preferred
- Strong understanding and application of OOP principles, strongly preferred
- Strong network programming skills, strongly preferred
- Experience with mobile app development for Android and iOS applications, Objective C, Java, Xamarin.
- Experience with developing software that integrates with hardware.
- Experience with NoSQL database.
- Experience with Azure DevOps or cloud technologies.
- Test automation experience.
- Ability to work efficiently as a member of the software development team.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good Team-player.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Creative, out-of-box thinker.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other protected characteristic.