Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Google Cloud Platform Architect to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Senior Google Cloud Architect position at Unisys is responsible for ensuring that the company's Federal strategy regarding the Google Cloud Platform is clearly defined and competitive so that Unisys can effectively compete in the ever changing and highly competitive Federal contract marketplace. Provides expertise and creativity in the development and implementation of differentiating services and solutions. Provides leadership in developing innovative service capabilities for the Google Cloud Platform, and in managing capability development. Responsible for developing strategies, technology, tools, methods, services and solutions that position the company as a recognized leader in the area of Google Cloud Platform for Federal clients. Also leads development of the detailed technical design and architecture for federal cloud contract opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead the development of innovative service and solutions for the company's Google Cloud Platform service offerings.
• Consults with clients to establish, maintain and refresh their strategic direction in cloud adoption.
• Support the full lifecycle of cloud computing management, from customer needs analysis and environment assessment, through design, test, migration, and operation.
• Provide engineering designs and project plans for cloud migration, cloud operation, and cloud IT optimization.
• Continually researching, evaluating, and applying emerging technologies to improve the business outcome of our service to our customers.
• Master's degree and minimum 15 years of overall experience or equivalent blend of education and experience.
• GCP Cloud Certification is a must, preferably the Google Professional Cloud Architect Certification.
• Minimum of 3 years of GCP hands-on experience.
• Experience with private, hybrid, or public cloud technology.
• Experience architecting GCP Solutions, and migrating workloads.
• Expert level knowledge of GCP services including, but not limited to Compute Engine, App Engine, Virtual Private Cloud, Load Balancing, containers, Cloud Storage, Management Services, and various Database options.
• Experience with the Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) lifecycle.
• Experienced in the following cloud service areas: cloud readiness assessment, migration strategy development, migration planning, cloud migration, cloud security, compliance and governance, identity and access management, cloud billing and metering, cloud monitoring, cloud backup/recovery and DR/COOP.
• Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship
• Experience with GCP Big Data & Analytics tools and services would be preferred.
• Google Professional Cloud Data Engineer Certification is a plus.
• AWS and/or Azure Certifications is a plus.
• Experience with various open source products such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Hadoop, Jira/Confluence/BitBucket/Bamboo, etc...
• Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Consul, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry.
• PMP certification
• CISSP or CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) certification
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity