About the Role
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
As an iOS Engineering on Eats Shopping, you will contribute to core experiences such as shopping cart management, checkout, group order, scheduling, and many other features that millions of users use everyday.What the Candidate Will Do
- Work on exciting features that help users order food they want
- Build delightful users-facing features that drive business metrics
- Help other teams integrate into the checkout experience
- Collaborate with external teams to expand our product offerings
- Develop polished mobile features that deliver high user value
- Provide technical leadership to more junior engineers on the team
- High proficiency in iOS development
- 3+ years of experience developing and shipping iOS code for production systems
- Strong skills in system design, coding, and testing
- Good written, verbal communication skills
- Experience with writing, releasing, and maintaining mobile features
- Great team player
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience building and maintaining iOS apps, frameworks, or SDKs
- Experience overseeing projects from beginning to end as a tech lead
- Passionate about writing high quality code and polished mobile experiences
- Passionate about delivering software that delights our end users
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form