Senior IS Advisor- Cyber Analytics & Compliance Reporting Requisition #267277 Location:
Richmond, VA; Remote Employment Eligible
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve's National IT organization-a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System (FRS). Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work! About the Opportunity
Our National IT Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO) Cyber Analytics and Compliance Reporting team has an immediate opening for a Senior IS Advisor to report to the Senior Manager - Cyber Analytics and Compliance Reporting and provide collaborative and consultative work to support the design, implementation, and operation of cyber analytics solutions and the management of enterprise cyber risks.
As the Senior IS Advisor, you will work with cross-functional teams to coordinate, plan, and execute solutions that will meet stakeholder's cyber analytics and cyber risk management needs. You will use your expertise and security knowledge to correlate security data from disparate sources and develop metrics to tell the story of the FRS' security posture, and use data sources and other security/risk information to identify, assess, and articulate cyber risk themes and manage and track identified risks to enable informed decision making by FRS leaders. You will work closely with various groups, including development and testing efforts to ensure the successful delivery of data analytics solutions, and will employ Hadoop ecosystem technologies, including tools used for data mining, data integration, data modeling, and data analytics. What You Will Do:
- Manage Cyber Analytics Solutions:
- Identify and transform data into profound, visual, and actionable insights that allow for robust and informed cyber risk management
- Research, analyze, and explore multiple security data sources to identify themes, trends, and insights to answer questions related to the Federal Reserve's security posture.
- Participate and support cyber analytics product development including use case, business rules and logic development, testing, etc.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to define data product requirements and use cases.
- Support data management and data governance efforts to ensure alignment with overall goals.
- Support Enterprise Cyber Risk Management Efforts:
- Develop an approach to leverage security data to support and inform Cyber Risk Register process to improve cyber risk decision making and expand data innovations to provide further insights on mitigation actions' impacts.
- Support continuous enhancement of the enterprise Cyber Risk Register process by working with cross-functional subject matter experts and exploring process integration with industry recognized threat frameworks.
- Identify and assess enterprise cyber risks using industry recognized risk assessment methodologies.
- Advise on high level recommendations to remediate enterprise cyber risks.
- Help contextualize Red Team recommendations and progress of mitigation efforts to senior leadership.
- Evaluate technology solutions that are being acquired or developed to ensure that functional (business rules) and non-functional requirements (security, performance, etc.) are met.
- Evaluate technology landscape to determine what future needs might be addressed by acquiring or implementing new technologies (cloud services, machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.).
- Help set the strategic direction for cyber analytics and risk management functions and understand the process, product and technology needs required to support the strategy.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs and identify requirements for cyber analytics products by establishing personal rapport with stakeholders and internal/external resources.
- Lead process improvement and long-term information security solution discussions and present outcomes senior leadership.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 6 years of relevant data analytics, risk assessment, and information security experience.
- Knowledge of NIST, MITRE ATT&CK, FAIR or other risk assessment methodologies.
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem, machine learning algorithms and text analytics, and scripting in PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Knowledge statistical analysis tools such as Tableau, R, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced data analytics, visualization, and communication methods.
- Cloud data analytics and cloud security knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge and practical experience with data manipulation, data classification, and data filtering.
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Ability to tailor communications to their appropriate audience and present information in a credible, confident, and influential manner. Communicates in a concise, direct, and purposeful way.
When you join Federal Reserve's National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun!
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
- Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org .
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- The Richmond, VA hiring range for the Senior IS Advisor is $111,100 - $138,900 annually.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience. For candidates not located in Richmond, VA, the listed salary range may be adjusted for your geographic location.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by April 3, 2021.