Birlasoft and KPIT’s IT Services business, has merged to form a leading $500M publicly listed Enterprise Digital and IT Services company. As part of the multibillion dollar diversified The CK Birla Group, Birlasoft with its 10,000 employees, is committed to continuing our 150 year heritage of building sustainable communities. Birlasoft combines the power of domain, enterprise and digital technologies to reimagine business processes for customers and their ecosystem. Its consultative and design thinking approach makes societies more productive by helping customers run businesses.
Please visit us at http://www.birlasoft.com for more information.
Currently we are looking for "Senior IT Contracts Specialist"
Job Location: Edison, NJ (REMOTE during COVID)
Duration: Fulltime with Benefits
Role Summary :
As a member of our legal team the Senior IT Contracts Specialist, will be responsible for legal contract review of commercial and customer contract in IT / Technology matters. In this highly visible role, you will administer, negotiate (when appropriate), as well as track and maintain all customer, partner, and vendor contracts.
The Senior IT Contracts Specialist is responsible for maintaining the entire contract process, partnering internal business / sales / delivery team with a primary focus on executing contracts as per Birlasoft policy.
The position thoughtfully expedites the negotiation of customer contracts and upholding the Birlasoft’s business principles, policies and goals, while following any applicable government regulatory requirements. The position will oversee a large volume contract portfolio from negotiation to contract close out. It is expected that the person filling this position will be highly-motivated and capable of recognizing potential problems and taking the initiative to address them, operating both independently and as an effective team member. Expertise and good judgment are required in planning and completing assignments, resolving conflicts, and coordinating work with others. A key ability of the person filling this position will be to complete multiple, simultaneous tasks, to work effectively under deadline pressure, and to successfully manage competing priorities with tact and efficiency.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities :
• Handle Contract Lifecycle Management.
• Handle IT / Technology contracts in US and demonstrate good understanding of IT/Technology/contracting laws and of legal contract concepts.
• Experience in working on software licensing, SaaS and cloud services offerings and solutions related contracts is desirable.
• At Pre-signature Stage : Review & redlining of various technology documents/customer contracts (MSAs, SOWs, NDAs, DPAs, ICAs, RFPs, Teaming Agreements, Vendor Agreements, etc.) to company policy under tight timelines.
• Interface and partner with business and if necessary, get into contract negotiation calls with the Customer to put forward the most favorable position in contracts. Work cooperatively to explain, negotiate and achieve execution of commercial transactions.
• Help create deviation approval notes for finalization of customer contracts.
• Manage vendor / sub-contractor contracts.
• Ensure compliance with Birlasoft internal policy on evaluating and signing on risks ; complying with Deviation Matrix, etc.
• Provide contracts/legal related support to sales, delivery, practice, tax and accounting functions in a timely manner;
• Monthly checking of the new contract / Service schedule to ensure that the requisite customer contracts are in place (CRPO process).
• Engage with the other inhouse para legal resource in US. Engage with India legal team and keep the operational status updated.
• Manage the repository of legal documents and support in integration into the CLM tool; address inquiries via e-mail and telephone.
• Performing specialized legal research and writing.
• Assist in building and maintaining partnerships with critical stakeholders. Both internal and external.
• Have close attention to details.
• Work largely autonomously relying on experience and judgement to assist the business in accomplishing its goals while also working to protect legal and financial interests of Birlasoft.
Skill Sets / Experience Preferred :
• Should have at least 15 years of relevant experience of which he/she should have worked on IT contracting for at least 10 years in IT Outsourcing company, based in US.
• Should have fair understanding of IT/Technology / Privacy laws as applicable and evolving in US.
• Should be able to work as a part of a larger team and should be available to engage with India legal team in parts of India business hours.
Email your updated resume along with the below details at and feel free to call me for further questions.
-Your Latest Resume in word format:
-Your Current Location:
-Your Contact Number:
- Willing to relocate to Edison, NJ
-Your Legal Work Status:
-Your desired Salary:
Looking forward you to be a part of Birlasoft family. Please share this information with your friends or colleagues if they are looking for a change
“Birlasoft is an EEO/AAP employer”
Manager - Recruitment
Office: | Cell: |