The development team is looking for a self-motivated, Senior Java Engineer to join one of our global online Payment leader's team and help build low-latency, high-throughput mid tier applications to grow our new platform.? The ideal candidate will be a Java Engineer with strong java experience with some proficiency in Multi Threading, RESTful services, Collections, HashMap, JSON, SQL, Junit and hands on experience in algorithms, Data Structures, APIs and data collection problems.
Background we are looking for:
- You love solving problems and building solutions
- You’re self-motivated and have a demonstrated track record of self-learning and
going above and beyond
- You’re excited to create high traffic backend distributed services for customers
- You want to hit the ground running on Day 1; you take ownership of your
work and can work independently.
- You’ve designed and clearly understand concepts like Web
Services, SOA, REST APIs, SPRING Framework.
- You know the fundamentals of Object-Oriented Programming using Java,
familiarity with additional development tools such as JUnit, Maven & Jenkins is a
- You have experience working with Multi Threading, RESTful services, Collections, HashMap, JSON, SQL, Junit, etc. to showcase your creativity.
- You love Git and are at home with source control concepts such as merge, rebase
- You’ve used SQL & NoSQL solutions and understand the pros and cons of relational
and free form databases. Good hands on experience in Oracle database.
- You believe in Agile development and putting the customer first in anything you
- design; experience with SCRUM is a plus.
- You’re a strong advocate of good coding standards and like the use of coding tools
that will push you to improve the code you deliver like Sonar.
- You know how to identify performance bottlenecks and use good coding
patterns to avoid them in the first place.
- Ex PayPal or eBay candidates preferred
- BS in CS 5+ yrs experience or MS 3+ yrs experience
- Experience in object-oriented programming and concepts
- Experienced in Java backend application development.
- Comfortable enough in handling algorithms, data structure, Data collections and system design problems
- Expected to develop new APIs and android queues
- Experienced in Distributed System development using Java/J2EE/Web Technologies.
- Proven track record in delivering highly available, scalable systems on time
- Conversant in design patterns
- Good understanding of web services and related standards like REST/JSON
- Experience in Spring framework and other open source frameworks
- Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, Informatica, etc.)
- Experience in Unix based development environment
- Experience in both development and quality assurance activities
- Experience in QA methodologies, test automation and automation frameworks
- Experience in driving Integration testing, UAT with external vendors
- Experience in JUnit, Selenium is a plus
- Experience working in payments or financial services industry is a plus
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Enterprise Java and supporting Java frameworks
- Familiarity with Unix commands and basic Unix scripting
- Familiarity with iOS development and SQL / NoSQL (preferably Oracle).