Senior Mainframe Product Support EngineerJob Description:Senior Mainframe Product Support Engineer Who we are:
Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today's rapidly evolving marketplace. That's high tech without the drama. www.microfocus.com About the Role
The Senior Product Support Engineer role is to provide technical support to Micro Focus customers around the world, to identify problems in their use of Micro Focus software, and to find resolutions using appropriate diagnostic techniques. You will work closely within a 2nd Line support team, to identify customer issues, and to work with development teams by recreating and demonstrating issues. You will work closely with customers to liaise on problem status, with Developers to receive and test software patches, and to ensure customer success by patch delivery and after-care.
Successful candidates will have prior experience of software development, and who enjoy working through and resolving complex software bugs on a variety of environments; or experienced customer support engineers who would like to work for a premier global software company.The Senior Product Support Engineer will:
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to customers
- Reproduce complex issues impacting business critical accounts
- Debug problems via in-house tools
- Identify workarounds
- Build test cases
- Demonstrate issues to Development teams
- Test and deliver fixes
- Work within a technical support team
- Unique mastery level knowledge of Micro Focus products - Enterprise Developer, Visual COBOL, Enterprise Server, Enterprise Test Server, Server Express, Server for Enterprise Edition, Net Express, or others.
- Plus some experience with at least two of following:
- COBOL or PLI programming experience.
- Relevant IBM mainframe experience, e.g. CICS, IMS, JCL, REXX, CLIST
- Exposure to Windows operating system, and/or UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of Relational databases, such as IBM DB2/UDB, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Adaptable, with strong problem solving skills based on experience, diagnostic analysis using traces, dumps and other tools, and hypothesis formulation and testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with an ability to work in a flexible manner.
- Positive attitude to dealing with difficult technical problems under business critical deadlines.
If you want to be part of what's next andfind out more about ouravailable opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers .
ServicesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status