Senior Network EngineerLocation:
Herndon, VAExostar - The Company:
Exostar’s cloud-based platforms create exclusive communities within the Aerospace and Defense, Life Sciences, and other highly-regulated industries where members securely collaborate, share information, and operate compliantly. Within these communities we build trust. By analyzing community data we provide insights and intelligence, enabling organizations to make better, timelier decision, to mitigate risk, and operate more efficiently.Exostar - The Employer:
- We believe in employee development: we promote internally and provide training and educational assistance
- We provide a fun, engaged workplace, with social and community-building events
- We offer comprehensive benefits and PTO plans, including a holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day
The Senior Network/Systems Engineer is responsible for design, installation, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of the network within a world-class, fast-paced, highly secure environment supporting the aerospace, defense, and Life Science industries. This role requires a technical, trustworthy, self-motivated individual who achieves solid results. This individual must be detail-oriented, have excellent communication skills, exhibit a high degree of corporate maturity, be absolutely committed to production uptime and data integrity, and require little oversight.Your day, if you join us:
You meet our \u0022must have's\u0022 for this role if:
- Leading the networking discipline for both our SaaS/Cloud solutions and internal systems
- Providing engineering support for projects from inception through the planning, design, implementation, and operational phases.
- Collaborating across multiple disciplines to ensure implemented solutions meet project deliverables and adhere to standards and best practices
- Developing standards-based network designs for individual projects as well as enterprise solutions
- Proactively manage, configuration and monitoring of the network infrastructure and systems
- Scheduling, planning, and performing periodic network maintenance to ensure systems are operating at optimal levels
- Evaluating and analyzing new products and technologies, emphasizing improved service availability and cost reduction as well as implementation recommendations
- Conducting routine capacity planning and making recommendations for network infrastructure and systems
- Troubleshooting complex networks, analyzing configurations, and performing packet analysis that lead to root cause analysis and resolution
- Producing quality detailed technical documentation for network architecture, topology, maintenance, troubleshooting and disaster recovery
- Working collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams as an operational subject matter expert on networking and service delivery
- Collaborating with stakeholders across different LOBs to implement new technologies and service delivery mechanisms
- Driving highly visible design projects to produce results
- You have 10+ years’ of related job experience and a Bachelor’s Degree, or 14+ years of related job experience in lieu of a degree
- Must be a United States citizen due to ITAR regulations
- Must be able to obtain Exostar Trusted Role, and maintain Trusted Role status while employed in this role
- You have strong understanding of Cisco Nexus and other vendor networking routers and switches
- You understand Internet business models, technologies and networking routing protocols, i.e. OSPF, BGP, EIGRP
- You have a strong understanding of firewall, firewall rule creation and operation
- You have understanding and in-depth experience with Palo Alto firewalls
- You have understanding and in-depth creating, implementing and administering F5 Application Security Manager rules with LTM Virtual Servers.
- You have understanding and in-depth Experience implementing and supporting F5 Access Policy Manager and client authentication for both Active Directory and Identity Federation such as SAML.
- You have understanding and in-depth Experience implementing and administering F5 Secure Web Gateway.
- You have understanding and in-depth experience with F5 Load Balancers, Web Application Firewall (WAF) Support, SSL Termination, Certificate Management
- You have some understanding and/or experience with Software Defined Networking, i.e. NSX
- You have a strong understanding and/or experience with VMware vSphere Virtual Networking
- You have a strong understanding and/or experience with Cisco UCS Networking
- You are able to lead complex, large-scale network projects from initiation and planning through execution and closing
- You are a results-oriented person, that has a solid work ethic and excellent attention to detail and quality
- You have strong analytical and communication skills
- You understand the importance of security and operations and how the two disciplines complement each other
- Your personality is one of strong self-motivation and sense of ownership
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You want to own the network and put your stamp on things! Technologies are rapidly changing and we have the need for someone who is forward thinking while being able to resolve old world issues.
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.