Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a talented Senior Security Engineer to join our team to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC). The Senior Security Engineer provides support across a progressing agile team environment focused on supporting the ESOC Operations mission. The Senior engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, scripting, programming, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. This role will engage in infrastructure solution design and architecture, information assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management support.
- Conceptualize, Design, Build, and Maintain current and future ESOC supported tools and platforms.
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
- Provide direct support for onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP and modular inputs from sources such as FireEye, BlueCoat proxies, Big IP, Cisco, Palo Alto, host syslogs, etc.
- Support all support, guidance and develop processes to evaluate and improve all operating systems, hardware support, software, firmware solutions and provide advisement concerning future purchase of the same.
- Create, manage, and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration within a Cloud environment.
- Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels.
- Conduct periodic architectural reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required.
- Conduct network security architecture reviews to determine the size, and placement of intrusion monitoring equipment during the customer onboarding process.
- Conduct periodic reviews of sensor metric reports to evaluate and prioritize sensors for review and assessment.
- Assists in interviews to identify and make recommendations for security tools, systems and capabilities to meet customer security requirements.
- Documentation and Reporting along with presentation, teamwork and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order.
- The candidate shall have bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of 12 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity.
At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
- Experience administering Linux OS, particularly RedHat Enterprise
- Strong Deep packet analysis skills using such tools like; Wireshark, Bro, etc. for layer 7 intelligence.
- Cloud and VMWare skills - Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools to include: installing, provisioning and monitoring
- Strong capabilities to assist with automating manual installation and maintenance/patching tasks and utilization of such tools as provisioning environments with Ansible, Docker, etc.
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience with PXE-less discovery provisioning to automate hardware / undercloud scalability
- Experience with VMware & Ansible/Ansible Tower and/or Terraform
- Experience with data administration automating management of large (multi PB) S3 storage pools
- Experience working in AWS and Azure
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Extensive database experience with two of SQL Server, MySQL, or Oracle
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Security Architecture and EngineeringPay Range:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.