Senior Software Engineer - Analytics
Job Description Senior Software Developer - Analytics OVERVIEW
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
The Analytics team is responsible for the development of CoStar's customer-facing Real Estate Analytics products. We think big, creating innovative data-intensive applications that take the vast amount of data collected by our CoStar Research teams to create a fast, reliable and intuitive analytics platform for our customers. We are a collaborative group with a mix of big data, API/platform and front-end skills, and we are growing rapidly to help invent the future of Real Estate Analytics.
We are searching for an experienced Senior Software Developer to join our team and drive the full-lifecycle development of this critical product. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing, building, testing and deploying scalable, reusable and maintainable applications that handle large amounts of data.
- Taking full ownership of your work, from development and testing, to eventual deployment and support in production.
- Collaborating with other engineers, product owners, designers, and leadership.
- Becoming a trusted team member in matters of technical architecture, design and code.
- Advocating for evolution and improvement - both technical and non-technical - within our teams. Explore new tech nologies , tools and best practices.
- Gaining a deep understanding of the CoStar business, including the Analytic products.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Solid understanding and experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Deep knowledge of modern server-side languages and application frameworks (C#, .NET Framework, Web API, Node)
PREFERRED QUALIF I CATIONS AND SKILLS
- Expertise with relational database systems such as SQL Ser ver
- Expertise with software development best practices, including standards, code reviews, source control, builds, testing and operations.
- Expertise with Source Control, such as Git or TFS.
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
- Expertise with Cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with NoSQL (Redis, Neo4j, etc.) is a plus
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell , the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide. WHAT ' S IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position .
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing