About the Role
As a senior Android engineer in the HCV team, you will be architecting the Android experiences on our core rider app which is used by riders across the world. As an early engineer in the team, you will have opportunities to lead and influence some of the core features that will be built on the core rider app used by riders across the world.
You will collaborate closely with product managers and business operations teams to build for scale, yet focusing on providing intuitive and delightful customer experiences.
People with entrepreneurial bent of mind, independent thinking, rapid hypothesis building and conceptualisation with ability to quickly convert these into testable code, solid execution and delivery skills are desired characteristics for this role.What you'll do
- Closely collaborate with product, design and business teams to understand product ideas and business needs and help deliver these as a series of fast experiments.
- Implement native user interfaces with the latest Android technologies. Contribute to the Android monorepo on core Uber flows enabling a variety of new experiences related to HCV use cases.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Play an active role in team's technical design choices, code reviews and documentation.
- Coach and mentor junior or new engineers joining the HCV team.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus PointsWhat You'll Need
Bonus points if
- 6+ years of full-time Android engineering experience with proficiency in one of the following languages - Java or Kotlin. Good understanding of object oriented programming, multithreading, networking, memory management and source control management (git).
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences. Passion about delivering software that delights our end users. Proficiency with UI/UX paradigms to build elegant user experiences.
- Experience working with product management and design teams.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Good communication and collaboration skills to be able to work in a fast paced and distributed environment.
- Experience in testing and deploying scalable mobile applications. Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments.
- Fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our extensive growth and constantly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate: Believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form