About the Role
Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world and over the last year we have doubled our gross bookings!
Our Uber Eats team is helping to redefine on-demand food delivery for a new generation. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's most beloved restaurants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one meal at a time.
Uber is an established company with a well known brand, but our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help shape the culture here, and get in as a founding member of something big. Be sure to check out the Uber NYC Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.What You'll Do
- Work on services / features that are very close to the business
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Collaborate with and learn from engineers, foster our speed-oriented culture in them, and help to cultivate a growing team
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong problem solving and coding skills
- Experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Engineering experience in hands-on software development with thoughtfulness of scale, latency and distributed architecture
- Experience coding with C++, C#, Java, Python, or Go (at least 1 required)
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics, or related field
- Experience handling complex problems at scale
- Experience with web application development frameworks such as NodeJS, React, Redux or similar
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form