About the Role
Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world, just over the last year we have doubled our gross bookings! Our team's work at Uber Eats directly impacts and continues to impact our communities. We help feed the Eater, and we help the merchants stay in business.
You would be joining an exciting new team, focussed on taking Uber Eats beyond food delivery to Grocery, Alcohol, and other verticals. Uber Grocery is an exciting new team with an ambitious mission that has already been launched in several countries around the world.
Come join us in our NYC office to be part of a thriving culture, while solving challenging problems at scale. Be sure to check out the Uber NYC Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
- Strong problem solving and coding skills in one or more below programming languages (Java, Go, C/C++, Python or other equivalent)
- Experience with distributed systems or microservice architectures
- Experience with relational databases and distributed storage systems (MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Proven strong collaboration skills and passion for learning new technologies
- Prior experience as a mentor/tech lead to mentor junior engineers and develop products at scale