Description Job Description:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineer/Developer to design and implement the next generation Cyber Security mobile software application user interface in Qt. The application under development will operate in some combination of QML along with C++, C, and Python targeting a mobile device environment (e.g., Android, Linux). This application will be running on a next generation handheld device with utilization designed for US government departments and agencies. Position requires an active Secret DoD security clearance for consideration.Primary Responsibilities
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer to join our established and growing team. The candidate will collaborate in the analysis, design, implementation, and test of the application and lead the user interface development in Qt. The ideal candidate will have cross-platform experience developing for a variety of operating systems (e.g., Linux, Android), use of a variety of application platforms (Qt and Android) and programming languages (C++, C, Python, Java), use of SQLite database as well as experience integrating modules and libraries developed in these programming languages. The candidate will work within an Agile Scrum development environment and use sound software engineering, object oriented, and functional programming principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure and fault tolerant. The candidate will be knowledgeable about implementing secure software development principles and techniques and will use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse and refactoring. The candidate will support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements with other APIs and host systems (i.e., virtualized, containerized, or hardware).
The candidate will interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, test engineers, quality assurance, and other project team members. The candidate will contribute to setting the standards and helping the team adopt Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the Leidos Agile Framework to ensure accountability and quality are applied to all assigned tasks. This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can communicate with the development teams (including Leidos, subcontractors, and customer representatives) what is required to achieve this effectively on diverse tasks.What you will like about this position
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
- Position requires a current/active Secret DoD security clearance.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 8-12 years' experience.
- 8 years of experience developing for Linux/Unix and Android operating systems.
- 5 years of experience using Qt and Android application platforms.
- Excellent coding abilities with C++, C, Python, and Java.
- Proven experience in design and implementation of user interfaces for embedded applications / mobile devices with modern UI & Graphics frameworks.
- The candidate will have experience developing software structured to separate areas of concern (presentation, business logic, persistence). The Ideal candidate will have experience developing mobile applications with an eye for resource limited (and therefore optimized) software engineering.
- Works well in a team environment and has excellent written and communication skills.
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience in Scrum Methodology or other Agile environments.
- Experience with Mobile Application Development.
- Experience with Software CM (e.g., Subversion, Git, GitHub).
- Experience with UI / Development Frameworks (e.g., Qt, Android, AngularJS, Ionic, GWT, SmartGWT, React, Node.js).
- Experience with Agile Management Tools and Concepts (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA, Rally, etc.).
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools/Technologies/Concepts (TDD, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, BDD).
- Experience with formalized API development methodologies (e.g., OpenAPI 3.0)
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software DevelopmentPay Range: