Our client, one of the largest Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner for data services, is looking for a Strategic Research Analyst to join their elite team of technologists to build and contribute to large-scale, innovative projects. Our client wants candidates who are eager to learn and grow with them as they work to move their market monitoring applications to modern big data platforms in the cloud where up to 60 billion market events are being processed each day.
If you are a fast learner, have a sharp mathematical and technical mind and are interested in working for one of the biggest data users in the country in a fast-paced, open source environment, our client has an immediate need for a Strategic Research Analyst.
As a member of our Client's Market Regulation's research and analytics team, the candidate will be responsible for designing dynamic multi-market and multi-products predictive analytics and/or advanced data abstraction models for the equity, options, cross-product and fixed income markets, as well as performing ad hoc market analysis in support of the Market Regulation Department's ("MRD") surveillance patterns programs.
Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the strategic application of advanced analytical methods, such as supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning techniques, along with market domain knowledge and market microstructure understanding to the detection and analysis of market manipulation and market conduct rule violations.
This role will be responsible for working with various business units within market regulation in identifying patterns in large volumes of data that may indicate potentially violative market activities, as well as detecting and understanding trends in the market place. Job Responsibilities:
- Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine requirements
- Strategic design of quantitative multi-market and multi-products predictive models for detecting market manipulation and market conduct rule violations leveraging large volumes of equity, options, and fixed income data.
- Implement appropriate methods and tools, including machine learning techniques and visualization tools, for the efficient and timely analysis and disposition of alerts and detection of new behaviors of regulatory interest.
- Contribute to design of the market data abstraction layer which is designed to provide uniformed, pre-linked, and pre-analyzed view of the market data for Market Regulation Department's surveillance patterns and analytical tools.
- Contribute to the evolution of the MRDs' surveillance program responsive to market trends and developments.
- Provide efficient quantitative support for market studies, examinations, and ongoing investigations.
- Assist in performing regulatory impact assessments of the industry's, Our Client's, and Regulatory Service Agreement("RSA") clients' initiatives on the MRD's Cross-Market and Self-Regulatory Organization ("SRO") specific equity, options, and examination programs.
- Adapt MRD's surveillance and examination program to new rules and initiatives.
- Support management and others to inform internal and external constituents on overall program vision, strategy, operations, processes, and implementation status.
- Engage team members and management to identify issues and problems and to devise solutions. Includes working with other groups to develop risk scores, profiles, peer comparisons, financial performance, exposures against limits, and other risk analyses.
- Support the comprehensive and successful execution of the team's programs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Lead and participate in ad hoc special projects and national initiatives, as requested.
- Ensure all assigned activities are completed according to prescribed policies and standards.
- Coordinate and provide status reports of assigned tasks or projects.
- Maintain and develop deep understanding of financial markets and products, and stay current on developments in financial regulation.
- Fulfill administrative reporting tasks.
- Five years' experience in a relevant field or three years' experience with a Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or other relevant field.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Data Mining & Machine Learning algorithms, R, SQL, Python, Databricks highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate analyses and research to business domains effectively.
- Strong and demonstrated propensity for independent thinking and innovative problem-solving resulting in measurable business impact.
- Experience building models and/or applications using financial market and exchange data from varied sources highly desirable.
- Strong market microstructure understanding (order types, matching engine algorithms, etc.) and demonstrated usage of such is strongly preferred.
- Trading experience (including design of algorithmic systems and understanding of asset pricing) highly desirable.
- Experience working in AWS environment is desirable.
- Financial Industry experience.
- Professional experience with AWS
- Python experience
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.