Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for platform software. This position requires an experienced professional who will be responsible for development and delivery of the platform software architecture and bootloaders for all our electronic control units (ECU) which are developed in-house. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Identify, document and manage requirements for the platform software for all in-house developed ECUs. This includes requirements management for the bootloader development and the ECU side of firmware over-the-air update.
- Own the platform software architecture development and approval process
- Perform system level evaluations and reviews as necessary to have the platform architecture and design approved
- Own the agile development process for ECU platform software using industry standard tools
- Work closely with the test and validation teams to define and execute the verification and validation of platform software ECU features
- Support hardware engineering and their efforts of development, bring-up, design validation and troubleshooting of ECU printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA)
- Work closely with application level software engineers to integrate application code with the platform software, to execute shared workflows, to support bring-up and test of PCBAs
- Manage ECU configurations in relation to the vehicle program
- Define and execute a development plan collaboratively with cross-functional teams, hardware, controls software, manufacturing and service as well as program management to deliver mature products.
- Experience as a systems/responsible engineer for embedded products
- Ownership experience of the entire product life cycle through production delivery on at least two distinct devices/systems.
- Experience of how ISO26262 is driving requirements and designs of automotive systems
- FMEA and risk management experience
- Electrical engineering skills related to electronic devices, mechatronics, sensors / actuators
- Exposure to the development of control systems including the processes and workflows, tools and testing approaches necessary to ship the product
- Experience with network communication analysis tools such as CANoe, CANalyzer and PCAN
- Knowledge of product safety concepts
- Proficiency with Jama, Jira/Confluence
- Familiarity with the AUTOSAR standard
- Experience with bootloaders and firmware over-the-air update
- Good organizational skills
- BS degree in electrical, computer, mechanical or other appropriate engineering discipline. Masters degree preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.