About the Role
The Uber Technical Program Management (TPM) team in an integral role in the execution of company-wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, a high bar for quality, bold innovation. You will work alongside teams from Engineering, Product, Finance, Metal, Data Science and more, to build operational processes and design long-term strategies for managing capacity, understanding platform consumption, and defining infrastructure efficiency targets. We are looking for creative technical leaders who have experience with large-scale cross-functional capacity management programs across both on-prem and cloud implementations.What the candidate will do:
- Review capacity inventory
- Demand forecasting per platform based on growth projections
- Working with teams to understand current resource consumption and how to maximize the efficiency of allocated resources
- Track accountability of efficiency initiatives at the infrastructure/metal, platform, and area levels
- Experience working in a Technical Program Management role working with cross-functional teams within an organization.
- Experience managing large scale programs with a technical understanding of proposed solutions
- Experience with infrastructure capacity management, either on-prem and cloud
- Solid understanding of cloud and on-prem hybrid models
- Experience with defining and refining KPIs at multiple levels (company, engineering, area/platform/technology)
- Experience working with capacity and resource efficiency initiatives, such as compute utilization, storage compression, and data retention policies
- Ability to conduct/participate in deep-dive technical discussions/solutions and challenge if necessary
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form